Newer GBS-8200's not working

mbob

Country
US
Region
Virginia
I bought a GBS-8200 off ebay a few months back and it works great for the cost. I was so satisfied I bought another from the same seller. The first board was marked 2014-03. The new board is from just a couple months ago and displays many artifacts and its dimmer. Overall it looks terrible. So I mentioned it to the seller who was great and sent me another. Same exact poor results. Something is different from the 2014 board that works great. Anyone come across this?

Last edited:

Bryce

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Nordrhein Westfalen
As far as I know, they increased the speed of the RAM which is causing artifacts on the screen, PAL is worst, but NTSC isn't great either. I've one of them here and I'm working on a hack to improve them.

Bryce.

mbob

Country
US
Region
Virginia
So its not me then, any idea when they cut over? I just found a late 2014 I bought on eBay and am crossing my fingers

Last edited:

Retrograde

Country
Gothenburg, Sweden
Region
Vastra Gotaland
Damn, too bad they messed with the 8200, I'm quite happy with it price/performance-wise, have an old version ofc.
Does the job both for my A1200 and the PS2.

Maybe there is a decent device that outputs HDMI directly? Something cheaper than a Framemeister.

Bryce

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Nordrhein Westfalen
No idea. As I prefer to use 4:3 VGA LCD Monitors that don't have HDMI, it's enough for me (if it worked properly).

Bryce.

mbob

Country
US
Region
Virginia
I have mine with a scan line generator on a 4:3 LCD and it looks great. That's the old version of course. I'm now up to 3 newer bad ones as I tried a late month 2014 which is the same. What a shame they ruined these

mbob

Country
US
Region
Virginia

mbob

Country
US
Region
Virginia
I was lucky and scored the last few from a seller on Amazon all early 2014 models that are perfect for me. I have 3 of the 2015 models if anyone needs them. I'll sell $15 a piece plus actual shipping.

Top Bottom