NewRaspberry Pi 2 Model B

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
All you have do is register them and order whichever you want :)

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
And it looks like windows 10 will be supported on it too

edd_jedi

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
And it looks like windows 10 will be supported on it too

I take it that would mean MS would have to change their current policy on not allowing Windows to be installed on external/removable drives? Or would it just support Windows to go, I'm not sure that would run well from a USB 2.0 key.

Last edited:

MartinW

Country
UK
Region
West Somerset
It's "Windows on Devices". I'm not sure if that is full windows or not. My suspicion is that it is likely to be something like Windows Embedded.

Regarding the installation on removable media, I doubt the Pi would change anything as my experience with the 1st (woefully underpowered, I might add) version was that the SD card was just a hard drive as far as the thing was concerned, it wasn't seen as a USB stick or anything.

I nearly ordered a v2 this morning. Then I looked around me and decided I don't need any more redundant devices sitting around doing nothing :D

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
I wonder if it'll fit into the original Pi enclosure? Wouldn't hurt to have a bit more oomph for OpenElec.

MartinW

Country
UK
Region
West Somerset
I think that will depend entirely on the case. In the announcement they say it's the same form factor and the connectors are in the same place but without digging mine out of it's box I'm not so sure. The original doesn't have 4xUSB + Ethernet all along one edge and I seem to remember the case mine is in (from ModMyPi) is moulded around the ethernet port. Would have to check though.

[EDIT] Just checked - there's no way it would fit in the case my v1 is in

Last edited:

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Yeah I think it's the same case as the B+ (4 USB slots etc)

John

MartinW

Country
UK
Region
West Somerset
Ah, the B+. Completely passed me by at the time as I was so underwhelmed with the original.

I just caved in and bought one. Dammit, why can't I resist these things :LOL:

morcar

Banned
Country
UK
Region
Wales, UK
Should get mine tomorrow and cant wait ... about time the pi had some power behind it

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Yeah I've ordered one too. I'm interested to see if it will run RaspBMC better than my original model B. Hope so but nevertheless the version 2 is quite a step up :)

John

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
ordered mine too :)

finally a usable one for a desktop

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
They selling like Hot cake at the moment :)

Well Done Rassy(short for Raspberry)(y)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
I ordered one yesterday but it appears RS are delaying orders due to high demand lol
I thought they learnt their lesson last time.

:)

MartinW

Country
UK
Region
West Somerset
lol! I got the email saying that it would be delayed about an hour after I plugged it in and fired it up. You never know, they may screw up and send me two like they did on the first release :p

Certainly seems to have a nice speed bump. Beyond that I didn't get anywhere as I installed Ubuntu Snappy and the SSL store is screwed on it so it won't update or do anything. Off to the shelf it goes then for now.

Top Bottom