Closed NeXTcube with NeXTdimension System *Possible trade for Atari Falcon + $)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmigaSociety

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Grass Valley, CA.
**Also open to some partial trades. I am looking for an Atari Falcon. ** :cool:

Toying around with selling one of my Cubes again. May change my mind in a mater of days if I get no takers like before. :LOL: But, today it is for sale. Most positive part of my Cube compared to the ones you see on eBay, is cosmetically, it is almost what I consider a 10 on a 10 point scale. This Cube I have is so clean with barely any scrapes and scratches you see on most Cubes. This one has seen two owners. The original owner from early 1990s and then I. I am anal on cosmetics so this Cube is one clean unit. It is not perfect so I will not call it Mint but in my humble opinion, very close and tons nicer than most you see.

It is a 68040 @ 25MHz model and will include a keyboard and mouse with all proper cables. I tried selling on eBay without a NeXTdimension but it did not sell so I will not install a NeXTdimension board in this Cube and try selling it that way. The NeXTdimension board will have 32MB ram on it. Will even include a decent 17" Megapixel Mono Display with it if you want it. The display is not on the same level as the Cube itself cosmetically but it is a 6 to 7 out of 10. It works, display is still fairly bright, and that is about it on that. It gets the job done if you have no display already. I do own and could sell a hard to find NeXT Megagpixel 21" Display but these are real heavy so be prepared to pay lots for shipping if you want a 21" display. I may be convinced to sell the NeXT 21" Display for $300 to $400 range + shipping but we would need to talk first. This Cube has 312MB Hard Drive and 64MB RAM. NeXTSTEP 3.3 is installed but comes with no re-install CD as I only have one of those at that stays with my Cube I am keeping.

You will want to find a SCSI floppy drive or buy a floppy drive kit from BlackHole so you can feed this Cube floppies down the road. It came with a NeXT MO drive that is of course bad and was chucked long ago. So, one slot has the 312MB drive and the other is free. I did put on the bezel a stock plate so the MO hole is covered so no dust gets in there.

If you have any questions, hit me up. I have been known to change my mind if things take too long to sell <grin>. Don't need to sell but today figured I would post it for sale.

So, if your goal is to have a super clean MeXTcube with hard to find NeXTdimension Board, look no further, as this one is a beauty!

$1699obo + shipping

TJ

Video showing this Cube running can be found here. Connected to my mono display in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQsElQ8n3Gc

Pictures here.
web.jpg

web.jpg

AmigaSociety

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Grass Valley, CA.
The NeXTcube is awaiting a new home. :p

Although I have no quick need to sell it would be nice to see it go to a nice new home by end of 2010.

If not, she will be happy here in my Office with Cube #2. :ninja:

tj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom