Closed NeXTstation Color Slab

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmigaSociety

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Grass Valley, CA.
I have a NeXTstation Color Slab for sale. $99 + postage. This is just for the slab itself and includes no accessories. Here are links to a picture of it. I connected it to my 21" display which is NOT for sale. Buyer is getting the slab, power cord, and special Y cable to connect to a NeXT Color Monitor. All other peripherals buyer needs to provide themselves.

Here are the links:
http://gallery.me.com/macsociety/100173/DSCF3841/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/macsociety/100173/DSCF3791/web.jpg

May consider trades for Atari or Amiga goods also.

tj

Last edited:

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Country
S
Region
G
Hi I'm interested in this - could you confirm postage to the UK please?

Also - you say it is for just the slab but can you confirm the configuration please? I.E what do I need to make it work please? I'm new to the NeXT machines but really do fancy one but does this one come with the 426mb hard drive on board and is NeXTstep installed?

Cheers

John

AmigaSociety

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Grass Valley, CA.
Postage estimate from USA to UK is about $70usd.

If you are still interested, PM me here and I can answer all your NeXT questions.

tj

Hi I'm interested in this - could you confirm postage to the UK please?

Also - you say it is for just the slab but can you confirm the configuration please? I.E what do I need to make it work please? I'm new to the NeXT machines but really do fancy one but does this one come with the 426mb hard drive on board and is NeXTstep installed?

Cheers

John

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Country
S
Region
G
PM'ed Tom again and withdrawing interest. Thanks again for all the info Tom but it really looks like I need everything to have a working machine that I can use and postage from the US for what I would want is going to be price restrictive.

Cheers

John

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
PM'ed Tom again and withdrawing interest. Thanks again for all the info Tom but it really looks like I need everything to have a working machine that I can use and postage from the US for what I would want is going to be price restrictive.

Cheers

John

I'd jump all over Steves earlier visions if it was complete too. a nice way to use a 040. :)

AmigaSociety

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Grass Valley, CA.

Cheers

John

I'd jump all over Steves earlier visions if it was complete too. a nice way to use a 040. :)

This is more meant for someone that maybe has NeXT and wants a spare as backup or parts. Working but one needs the proper keyboard, mouse, and soundbox to make it all work. Of course a monitor also. :cool:

tj

AmigaSociety

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Grass Valley, CA.
Sounds interesting. PM sent to inquire further.

PM sent per your request.

tj

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

Hey, just an FYI to anyone interested, I now have the NeXTstation Color running and booting to NeXTSTEP 3.3. I borrowed a soundbox from an associate and was able to bypass the netboot and then booted to the internal 200MB hard drive that has NeXTSTEP 3.3 on it. This slab has 32MB which I think was max for a NeXTstation Color. The hard drive is 200MB with NeXTSTEP 3.3.

So, this $99 NeXTstation now for sure is booting which is nice. I set the login name to root and the password to roooot so whomever gets it can login.

Anyway, if interested, the NeXTstation is running now. Just get your own soundbox, keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and off you go. I will provide the special NeXT Y cable that connects the slab to a NeXT Color Monitor and a power cord for the slab.

I have also decided to lower the price to only $89 + postage. :D

tj

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hi there, can you tell me how much postage is to Canada? Declaring interest! PM Sent!

AmigaSociety

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Grass Valley, CA.

AmigaSociety

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Grass Valley, CA.
Just a note this system is still available for sale as payment was never received from the other interested buyer so if you are looking for a booting NeXTstation Color, let me know and we can work out a deal to find this unit a new home.

tj

Last edited:

AmigaSociety

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Grass Valley, CA.
I have lowered the price to only $59.95 + shipping for a running NeXTstation Color Computer. The $59.95 is for the computer alone and no cords or accessories. The unit has 32MB RAM and a 200MB Hard Drive. Boots to NeXTSTEP 3.3.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
219   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
@AmigaSociety

It might help if you also update your first post with the new price (y)

Dave G :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom