Nintendo Gamecube OEM AV cable

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
I just received my Gamecube back from my sister. Unfortunately it's missing its Metroid bundle packaging (box, insert and Metroid cover) and the original A/V cable with the scart adapter. :(

Getting the bundle packaging might be next to impossible but it would be nice to get the A/V cable back. How can you tell an OEM cable from a third party one?

Oh, I do have a compatible RGB cable so that's covered. I'm just looking to restore my Gamecube to retail setup. I bought it to myself as a graduation present but ended up giving it to my sister, when I bought the Wii.

Last edited:

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
The av out plug that connects to the console has Nintendo branding moulded into the plastic on official ones, third party ones have the rectangle with rounded edges but no name there as Nintendo is a trademark.

protek

Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Thanks for the response Acid. I've been going through some of the cables at WoldemortBay, which are listed as OEM but the pictures have been conveniently blurry where the logo should be.

RED IMPACT

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Thanks for the response Acid. I've been going through some of the cables at WoldemortBay, which are listed as OEM but the pictures have been conveniently blurry where the logo should be.

I would expect them to be replica as opposed to official in that case

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Ive noticed that 3rd party Nintendo AV leads require a 75ohm resistor between the compositde video and ground otherwise the picture is too bright.

protek

Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Have to try to find myself a second hand one. If I really want to get my setup fully I'd really need to find an RCA to scart adapter. And of course the packaging but that's probably next to impossible.

Top Bottom