Nintendo PLaystation Prototype

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I saw this the other day. You have to wonder for a device this rare why someone would treat it this badly and let it get so yellowed?

It does look authentic, but could someone of faked it? I understand Nintendo/Sony are currently trying to authenticate it.

Good as a collectable item, but next to useless as a device because AFAIK no CD based software was ever produced, so it is basically a SNES that can probably play music CDs.

Should definitely be in a museum.

kenshigros

Country
France
Region
Saint-Tropez
Hi
di not want to rain on your parade but why would a very rare device like this ends up with this dude ?
Common?
Wake up....
I have the E.T. ufo in my garage though I live in a flat....
a bad joke for me if you wanna know....

Alex

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
Hi
di not want to rain on your parade but why would a very rare device like this ends up with this dude ?
Common?
Wake up....

Alex
I was sceptical at first but the yellowing and the quality of the unit makes it look real to me. The only doubt is that I know the cd-add on was meant to sit under the snes?
I may be wrong but hopefully it get verified.

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
It's very possible, don't see why not !

Oh and don't be silly people, we all know the aliens have cloaking devices so there is no need to park in someone's garage :picard

:D

kenshigros

Country
France
Region
Saint-Tropez
Well when you look at it closely and come back in time thru the old magazines and websites you can see than the upper side looks like a 'new' replica of some old design but the rainbow colored logo is missing.
I am a sceptic guy at first and I do not deny it .
Like anybody I wish it is true but still I believe not.
I hope we will know the big story behind it.
The truth is out there....somewhere....

PS better open it and see for ourselves.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
As prototypes there were many different designs and mock up devices. Look at the number of different controller designs on show when the first Playstation actually went on display?

So it could be real.

Jepplen

Country
Sweden
Region
Stockholm
Hi
Common?
Wake up....

Alex

Time hides all kind of things, like all the many hundreds of nuclear bomb tests with all the demostrations which probably are one of the bigger contributer to global warming, yet the only thing people speak about is CO2 nowadays, it only takes 2 generations to forget how it was.

It´s the same with stuff, it changes hands hidden in boxes marked "Kitchen".

I don´t know if this is real or a scam, but i hope it is real.

It also makes sense that it doesnt really say nintendo anywhere as it´s a prototype done by Sony, probably behind nintendo´s backs. :)

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
Hi
Common?
Wake up....

Alex

Time hides all kind of things, like all the many hundreds of nuclear bomb tests with all the demostrations which probably are one of the bigger contributer to global warming, yet the only thing people speak about is CO2 nowadays, it only takes 2 generations to forget how it was.

It´s the same with stuff, it changes hands hidden in boxes marked "Kitchen".

I don´t know if this is real or a scam, but i hope it is real.

It also makes sense that it doesnt really say nintendo anywhere as it´s a prototype done by Sony, probably behind nintendo´s backs. :)

A little taste of Nevada, about 40mi NW of Las Vegas....hundreds of nuclear test craters....

View attachment 91068

one of the largest ones, the 'Sedan' crater...looks like it belongs on the moon...

View attachment 91069

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
I saw this the other day. You have to wonder for a device this rare why someone would treat it this badly and let it get so yellowed?

It does look authentic, but could someone of faked it? I understand Nintendo/Sony are currently trying to authenticate it.

Good as a collectable item, but next to useless as a device because AFAIK no CD based software was ever produced, so it is basically a SNES that can probably play music CDs.

Should definitely be in a museum.

equipment this old goes yellow on its own no matter how well its looked after.besides it was found in a box of junk...

what if it plays playstation games,who knows? it dont look fake to me,opening it would confirm if it was or not.

there was lots of development machines about then,so i wouldnt be surprised if more turn up from other companys.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
It won't play Playstation games because it isn't a Playstation. Nintendo commissioned Sony to develop a CD addon for their SNES to compete with Sega and their MegaCD.

Nintendo entered into a partnership with Sony to develop both a CD-ROM add-on for the Super NES and a Sony-branded console that would play both SNES games, as well as titles released for the new SNES-CD format. This partnership fell through when Nintendo signed a deal with Philips behind their back. Sony then continued their development for their own console and released the Playstation.

This Playstation is therefore a prototype of the Sony branded console which would play both SNES games and SNES-CD format titles, which never AFAIK existed. Although if it is hardware complete then Sony might have made some demo discs.

kenshigros

Country
France
Region
Saint-Tropez
Hello

On wiki they said 200 prototypes were created and softwares to it also.
Hum...I wonder where they are now and who got them ?
Anyone got one and show me what it can do ?
I remember the M2 being recycled in a multimedia stand for cars or something like that.
Perhaps my PS2 has some of the chips inside...
Well it is good to debate but without proof does not help at all.
What about the dude and his video:is there a new video about the prototype or is it on EvilBay for sell ?

I'll be happy to read some more news from it.That is a fact because it IS interesting of course.
Have a hot one guys

regards

Alex

Top Bottom