the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
Hi
I have just bought a 1200 in a tower and when i connected it up everything was fine except no signal to TV.....I presumed the board was possibly dead....so i swapped the mainboards over with one that i knew was OK and alas i still have the same problem........ any ideas anyone.....Im desperate

The Scallyman

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Have you tried to power the boards up outside of the tower case? If something is shorting them out then it wont power up. Also, try using a different power supply. (y)

the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
Thanks Tajmaster
Everything boots up so i dont suppose anything is shorting out....Im confused
Scallyman

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Is it a PAL board perhaps? :-S

You seem to be in NTSC territorry.

You say you have one board you know which is good. Does that one have a working configuration which you can see a display from?

Can you test the other board in that setup?

The towersetup, does it have a HD which boots up into a RTG mode?

Can you access early startup (hold down two mouse buttons) on it?

Try it without HD (remember the 30 second delay that'll cause)

the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
All the HDs boot up...The board that is in the tower was taken from my own amiga which was working 5 minutes b4 it was removed using the same scart socket...... the other board which i thought must have had a dicky tv connection was exactly the same...so it is probably ok
scallyman

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
My hot tip is that the tower amiga at some point has had a gfx card in it. So the wb in that amiga boots up to a gfx card rtg mode.

Try early bootup, or boot into a workbench floppy.

the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
It boots floppies up as normal.......but no output or signal to tv.....im just reassembling the origanal board into my casing to check that......

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
you have one board which you assume to be okay.

And you consider the cable working too.

Then I suggest you do a test of the board and the cable "naked", just the board, psu and cable. Does that give you kickstart screen on the tv?

the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
It would appear to me that it is something to do with the tower as i now have two amigas that dont seem to want to display a signal....so what next

scallyman

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
You'll notice the Amiga have two RCA outputs intending to use in TV sets: RF and composite. Maybe you are trying to use the wrong connector?

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Please recount what debugging attempts you´ve done now.

Are you saying that both boards are damaged now, that they won´t display outside of the tower either?

the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
I had one board which i new to be ok......now i have two boards that wont send a signal to the SCART TV even stripped to bare bones no signal....so im giving up and contacted Amigakit on monday and let them try and sort it.....Many thanks to you all i.........m convinced its something to do with the tower
scallyman

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ the scallyman

You have not said which port from the Amiga you are hooking upto your TV. ;)

You have said Scart on the TV meaning that's the input on your Display device, but, are you you using composite (yellow phono) to scart or RGB to Scart?

If it was working before you pulled the scart out, it sounds like a wire on either of the above connection options has broken.

You will need to open both connectors at each end of the cable to check.

Kin

Top Bottom