SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I pulled this from a system at work a few weeks ago because the user's display went black. This was a very expensive card and I'd hate to just throw it out if someone else might have a use for it. I have no clue what's wrong with it but I think the fan plug may not have been fully inserted into the board. Because of this, the GPU may be toast.

P11965273.jpg

(Stock Photo)

Just pay shipping. :)

Take care,

Heather

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
That's a possibility but it's a few years old now. I'm not even sure exactly when this one was purchased. It was the graphics adapter in one of our Autodesk Inventor systems but it was moved over to a regular user who doesn't need 3D acceleration. :)

Take care,

Heather

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Interested in the GPU heatsink+fan. I have a NVidia 6800XT here who suffer from overheating and common copper heatsink don't help when hard 3d applications are running. The computer freeze.:banghead:

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
@rkauer

Well, I tested the fan this week and it's dead. That's probably what caused the card to fail. Contact me if you're interested in just the heat sink and I'll re-open this thread.

On the plus side, there are SMT capacitors on this card! I'm going to use it as a guinea pig to see how difficult it is to replace the capacitors in order to prepare for doing the same on my A4000 '040 card. :)

Thanks everyone!

Heather

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I'm afraid the fan will be incompatible, but thanks for the kind offer.

You are a sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom