Octamed MIDI help needed

hinotori

Country
Japan
Region
Miyagi
Hi,
I am trying to use Octamed v4 but am having trouble setting the midi.
I would like to sync the clock of Octamed to an external hardware sequencer either as slave or master. I cannot seem to work out how to do it at all and only have coverdisk versions of MED, Octamed4 and Octamed6 all without manuals.
Any Octamed wizards out there that could talk me through what i need to do ?

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@hinotori

I found that setting up MIDI in anything but Octamed Sound Studio a pain in the proverbial!

you can download it from here

hinotori

Country
Japan
Region
Miyagi
Hi Zetr0,
Thanks for the reply, i now have Octamed Soundstudio running but am still having problems with syncing to an external clock.
Here is my set up:
Elektron Monomachine Midi out -> Datel Midi Master (furthest left midi port) -> Amiga1200 running Octamed Soundstudio.
I have Midi Active, Input active and external Sync active in the MIDI menu.
When i press play on the Monomachine Octamed doesnt respond.
Is there some other detail i may be missing ?
many thanks for your time :)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@hinotori

my friend its been atleast 10 years since I last played with Midi and Amiga

yes... I know its very bad of me...

I have a bit on this afternoon - but I will hit up the manual for MedSS and see if I can get my memory working again ;)

In the mean time stick with it - I tihnk you are going in the right direction.

hinotori

Country
Japan
Region
Miyagi
Thanks Zetr0
Its been about 10 years for me too :)
I finally got an old A1200 up and running. I found the help files (.guide) for octamed soundstudio and read through the information about MIDI but still no luck. I feel i have tried everything and am either missing some small but important detail or that i may have a dead MIDI interface :(

just out of interest, do you know if there was ever a version of Protracker that synced to external MIDI clock ?

Hino

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@hinotori

I am afraid after I found OctaMed I moved away from protracker at about protracker 2.xx something - so I honestly dont know if it has and Midi capabilities.

I think Bars & Pipes does though - but I only remember using this in passing so I might be wrong.

Top Bottom