AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Lacona, NY
Hi guys,

I recently acquired a bunch of Amiga stuff with a really old A2000. I've gotten the A2000 back up and operational but I have no use for the dot matrix printer.

I haven't tested it but those old Okidata's are hard to kill and the guy said it worked fine when packed away. I didn't ask until after the sale so he had no reason to fib.

Anyone wants it, it's yours for the cost of shipping only.

-Nle

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Re: Okidata Microline 391

Those were meant to be great printers in their day, and you are right, they are very hard to kill, even if you try! :LOL:

I remember reading that they are still very sort after in some countries, due to impact printers still needed for carbon copy invoices. Brazil I think have a big demand for them and they can fetch very high prices (£100+). Obviously shipping to such locations would be a bit of a killer.

Good luck finding it a new home.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

@ Harrison

That's without the fact that the old Oki Microline 391 weighed a flipping ton, I had one of those back when I had my original A600. IIRC it's a 24-pin dot matrix printer with a wide carriage and tractor feed, Accounts Departments loved them!!

Nyle

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Lacona, NY

You two nailed it. Yes, it's heavy all Okidata printers I've ever used have been built like tanks. We still have one in our Business Office that has to be at least 15 years old and still chugging out forms. WOW!

I hope someone reads this and is either willing to pick it up or is in the US where I could ship it UPS ground. That shouldn't break the bank too much.

I really hate to throw anything out but I'm not currently printing with my Amiga and if I do it'll like be some other way. Perhaps, one of the three compatible Canon Bubble Jets that I have been given over the years. :D

-Nyle

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

If people use those at your office, why not give it to they?

Those printers are gold in here to print documents (and multi-way fiscal notes, specially auto-copy paper), but the shipping costs will surpass the price of similars already in here.

Nyle

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Lacona, NY

If my school needed one, I would but they have several spares so mine would just take up space that we don't have. :D

-Nyle

Nyle

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Lacona, NY

This printer is going to the recyclers this next Wednesday, unless someone claims it.

I'd say it's safe to close this thread this next week.

imnogeek

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Midlands

I see these alot in garages in the UK, ask your local garage if he wants it. OKI still make them new I think and they cost an arm and a leg.

Nyle

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Lacona, NY

Thanks for the idea. I am all for recycling my friend but they have to come to me. I work full time and have two little boys that take up most of the rest of my time. I don't have time to contact local garages to see if they want/need a spare invoice printer. :LOL:

I'll make sure that it gets to a proper NYS recyclers. We have one where I work that takes everything for free. I'll just add it to the current pile.

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Nyle said:
Thanks for the idea. I am all for recycling my friend but they have to come to me. I work full time and have two little boys that take up most of the rest of my time. I don't have time to contact local garages to see if they want/need a spare invoice printer. :LOL:

This is not a problem. Get the little fellas one of those wood carts with 4 wheels & send them out to the local Garage's on Saturdays & Sundays. Brilliant way for them to earn pocket money & you get more Beer time! :D

There is always a good way to turn things round & from what I knew of my two little monsters before the divorce, I say get them down the Salt Mines as soon as you can! :twisted: :LOL:

Joking aside Nyle & totally Off Topic, how old are they?

Huggies

Yo mama.
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
Australia.
Region
Brisbane, Queensland.

If you haven't chucked it out yet Nyle then you could try posting a message on your local freecycle group on yahoo groups. Surely someone on freecycle will take it off your hands.

Nyle

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Lacona, NY

2 and 5 years old. I think I'll keep them out of the salt mines for a while. :D

:shock: As for sending them off alone to a garage, we've got 3 known sex offenders in the area. I think I'll keep them at home. I know you were joking. :wink:

Seriously, I think I'll give it to the recycling company at work. They reclaim the materials in them.

chiark

AmiNerd
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire

Two lads, 2 & 5... 4 letter name starting with "N". You are my double on the other side of the pond :D
(A2091 still working perfectly too, thanks :D )

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ Nyle

Bless them & you have your hands full. Shame your neighbourhood isn't as clean as it should be & thanks for understanding the humour.

RE known sex offenders; I say "Off with the Goolies". :D

Kin

Nyle

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Lacona, NY

:D This is what I love about the Amiga community. The majority of people in it are just good guys. I wish I could take more of the equipment from work that is recycled and give it away but the school's Board of Education has concern about doing that.

I hate to see items that could be used being recycled. Even if they are done so properly and the marerials are reclaimed. I'll keep working with my boss to try and change policy and then I'll have more classic technology to pass around. 8)

Nyle

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Lacona, NY

chiark said:
Two lads, 2 & 5... 4 letter name starting with "N". You are my double on the other side of the pond :D
(A2091 still working perfectly too, thanks :D )

:LOL: I'm probably double your size too. :LOL:

I'm not sure that's always a good thing though.

I'm glad to hear the A2091 is still working well for you. I couldn't help myself, I bought an A2000 the other day to round out my collection. My first real computer was an A2000.

A500, A2000, A4000D/040, A1200HD/CD/030, Towerized A4000D.

All I need is an A1000 and A3000 and I will feel that my collection is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom