One of the Picasso IIs are not like the others

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Now I can't remember this far back... a time when I still used a B2000 and the graphic card of choice at the time was a Picasso II...

Eyeballing the 3 cards currently in my vicinity I noticed 1 was a revision 1.2 and has a fully populated ram set and ALL chips are 45 nanosecs

The other 2 cards are 1.4 revisions and both fully populated with 60 nanosecs

NOW...

Using Picasso96 I suppose I can take the 45 nanosecs just that much more in overclocking than 60... I'm assuming this was the intention of doing this?

I used to overlock my CV643Ds but never the PicassoII...

thoughts? :unsure:

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
45ns is faster and theoretically better than 60ns

PicassoII is mentioned in the hw databases in two revisions, the II and the II+, I thought that the difference was the amount of RAM on the cards?

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Ya right of course

None of these say Picasso II +

but you know what this means don't you? I've got more than 3 Picasso II cards since I know for a fact I have a Picasso II +

I have a stack of 10 B2000s in the cellar, there's probably one or 2 in there LOL

I can always transplant the 45s into the + as long as the + is also fully socketed

:nod:

thanks for your interest!

matt020

Finger lickin' good
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Australia
Region
Western Australia
I think you need to post some pics of your Amiga collection :p

Maybe post a thread in the "photo booth" section?

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
oh no, I've been living off the grid for years!

now I've been found :D

perhaps when I consolidate everything and get it in some presentable condition I could look at this idea but I've always thought of myself as more of a hoarder than a collector

never believed in selling the old to make way for the new, some people live and breath that... exactly the reasoning why people want one thing to do everything...

good grief :huh:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Remember to sack the NiCd batteries from the A2000 units or replace they with a coin lithium cell and a diode!

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Yes I did break quite a few of them off but there'll be a couple I haven't... I should be more concerned with my stack of A4000s

I'll be working through them all over the next few months, it'll be good to see the end of it... My current Dragon Origin game is suffering since I can't see the 50" Plasma ;)

Top Bottom