Ordering component parts from distributors

Paul_s

decrunching
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
FFS why do they have minimum order of 1000 pcs or something daft? I just want 2 small fans you pile of goo.

Why do they do this? Money is money! Just ship the bloody thing! :(

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
FFS why do they have minimum order of 1000 pcs or something daft? I just want 2 small fans you pile of goo.

Why do they do this? Money is money! Just ship the bloody thing! :(

LOL, I found a nice place in USA that would sell me 1 heatsink nice thin one for a project, but they wanted £60 P&P :ROTFLOL2:

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Sometimes resellers have to buy a minimum order x1000. If they don't have that paricular item in stock they have to shell out for 1000 to sell just 2 or so. Crazy I know but their's some financial logic in there somewhere.

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Probably they're trying to sell all with a better price. Surely, in most circumstances, you will get a lower price if you buy 1000 pieces than 2.

But on the other hand, what you will do with the rest 998? :p

Paul_s

decrunching
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
well I found some on china's IC market. They are very fast to respond to emails and a couple of emails later they are sending them over :bowdown:

Station240

AmiBayer
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
Yeah industrial quantities, you could always try and sell the other 998 on suckerbay. Last time I tried something like that though I got stuck with the things.

Top Bottom