Ouch, something very unlucky to me happend.

nicolaj132

ThatRetroGuy
Country
denmark
Region
South jytland/roedekro
i was going to get a europe dreamcast from a fellow collector here in denmark but the dreamcast went bad and didnt want to run at all, so there went my chance to get a dreamcast.
he did have games and other small add ons to it, it was the dreamcast only that went bad.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
That sounds like a good thing. It would have been bad if it had gone bad after you purchased it. :)

I hope you find another.

Heather

nicolaj132

ThatRetroGuy
Country
denmark
Region
South jytland/roedekro
i hope somebody here can give out a dreamcast that is europe standart.
Thats true heather, but hopefully somebody here can give me one that works

Last edited:

NinjaRabbit

Video Game Merchandise Collector
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
South Gloucestershire
If it's the problem I think it is, it's very common with PAL Dreamcasts - after they age a little (back in the day, it took a few months to a year or so) the heat generated when running causes some pins to bend and short out, resulting in the unit resetting at seemingly random intervals once it's running warm.

I'm told it's also easy to fix - you may want to look it up, as you're very likely to encounter it again.

Last edited:

nicolaj132

ThatRetroGuy
Country
denmark
Region
South jytland/roedekro
its at another collector i was going to get it from that needs the advice, but he told it wouldnt be worth fixing the dreamcast.

motrucker

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Annapolis, Maryland
I have a couple of NTSC Dreamcast machines, that all seem to work fine. Is this problem with all Dreamcasts, or the PAL models? Do I have accidents waiting to happen? I haven't run into this before.

NinjaRabbit

Video Game Merchandise Collector
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
South Gloucestershire
Is this problem with all Dreamcasts, or the PAL models? Do I have accidents waiting to happen? I haven't run into this before.
As far as I know, it's a PAL-only thing. I've never heard of it happening to any of the NTSC models, nor have I encountered it with those. I have seen it on a few PAL ones, though!

Last edited:

motrucker

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Annapolis, Maryland
Is this problem with all Dreamcasts, or the PAL models? Do I have accidents waiting to happen? I haven't run into this before.
As far as I know, it's a PAL-only thing. I've never heard of it happening to any of the NTSC models, nor have I encountered it with those. I have seen it on a few PAL ones, though!
Thank you. That puts my mind at ease. I feel for the PAL owners though....

Top Bottom