Not open for further replies.

33black

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United States
Region
California
Figured this may be a good place to start. I've randomly posted in forums over the past year or so. My dad passed away last year from cancer and that kinda got me on a kick of certain things from my childhood. He had bought me this Packard Bell when I started high school and it totally took over my world. I ran a BBS on it for a few years, put Linux on it with a terminal next to my bed at one point, upgraded it, took it apart and put it back together a million times, etc. It was one thing that he, being a hobby techie himself, and I shared and I really enjoyed growing up.
Photo: http://imgur.com/NG9MvZO
Unfortunately what I've come across is that the 725DX model is REALLY hard to find. I want to have that exact setup in the photo. Odd request, maybe, but I'd really appreciate any help or leads anyone has.
Thanks.

33black

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United States
Region
California
UPDATE: I finally found it! One came up for sale on eBay recently back in my hometown of Chicago. I couldn't afford the Buy It Now, so I just messaged the seller and explained the story behind it. He actually found me through my Reddit post and sent me a message to let me know he loved my story and was taking the machine off eBay to keep it for me. I lost my job back in March and am low on funds, but he's cutting me a huge deal. I'm going to pick it up in a couple weeks.

Five years later!

keropi

VIP
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
Amazing!
I hope all work out for you in the end and this rough patch ends soon!
I will archive this thread for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom