Not open for further replies.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Okay.

Since out young American friend has confirmed something many of us have suspected for long, The United States of America is not paradise on earth.

To those of you who regularly read UN and OECD reports, I can tell you that Norway isn't that pink either.

So, where is paradise? What is paradise to you?

Now, on my part I have to know that the country is some what democratic and free. Also there has to be certain climatic variables at place.

My nominates are:
1) My favourite place on earth: Amorgos. Lots of scenes from Luc Bessons "The Big Blue" were filmed here. It's a fantastic place. I've been there once and I absolutely love it. It's in Greece. And thank god I know only a little about greek politics so that I can tolerate it :-D LOL. Now, Amorgos.... OMG... It's a place where you can just relax... AMORGOS
2) Hvar. Croatia. It gives Amorgos a run for it's money. Why? Most sunny days in europe according to metrological statistics. Hence europes best wines, both red and white are made here (sorry france!). Croatian politics.... well, lets just say that the people and the island make up for it plenty! HVAR
3) My previous favorite place on earth. Why was it bumped? Because I spent time on Amorogs and Hvar. Also last time I was there "everybody" had discovered the place. Also, there was a waitress on Amorgos... While on Antiparos, there was a bartender... So there is really no competition. ANTIPAROS

NOW:

Please post your heaven on earth. And one important thing: It's allowed to post your home, home town, city etc... But be prepared. You might experience an influx of immigrants :mrgreen:

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: Paradise on earth?

You forgot to mention why? :)

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901

Yeah sorry,

Hong Kong is a gamer's paradise: Land of piracy and skyscrapers. I love the city, I like seeing new faces everyday, unlike where I live, it's like: hi Jeff, hi joe, hi sue... etc. You never meet anyone very new to my area. I like the view of victoria Harbor, as when I was staying there, I was a 5-minute walk from a view of the harbor (i was on Kowloon peninsula).
Shanghai is perhaps the most western city in Chinese mainland, it's sooo much better than Xi'an on average signs in english, western architecture, and dispelling the chinatown impression. The food is very good too, and almost everyone can speak some degree of english that isn't at all like my tech support experience. (Where they forward you to india to talk to an "Engrish" speaker who is unable to help you.)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Dreamcast270mhz said:
<snip> (Where they forward you to india to talk to an "Engrish" speaker who is unable to help you.)

PMSL! - You guys get this crap too eh! :LOL:

Paradise for me is Cornwall in the UK.
St. Ives is famous for it's superb light & is why most of the worlds greatest artists come to St. Ives from all over the world. It's such a romantic place too.
Fistral beach in Newquay hosts the World Surfing Championships. Totty everywhere during the summer is a real plus.
Drool.gif

Palm trees over the whole county; Dolphins & seals off our beaches; Crystal clear sea water thanks to the ever prevailing North Atlantic Drift. (Gulf Stream)
More Totty.
Drool.gif

Kin

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

JuvUK said:
my house, 'cos i'm there.
or Zetr0's conservatory on curry night (y)

imnogeek said:
or Zetr0's conservatory on curry night

can't fault that :)

its true... I have a stellar conservatory :) and Friday Curry night round Z's is always fun and mischief and usually a late 8-11pm curry LOL.... its the hackery man..... the hackery.... its not my fault.....

I have to admit... paradise is about being with people not places.... vistas come and go... some will take your breath and others will blur into oblivion.... but nothing beats where ever you are as long as you are with good people and company! I am all about sharing you see... the experience means nothing if its not shared.... whom will you talk with? where do you get a common frame of reference.....

take me to the moon, it sounds pretty cool and good for a laff.... but what fun would it really be without my m8s with me? helping me to learn golf in zero G! trying to drink a pint in Zero G and watching everyone make a right mess with Tika Massala in Zero G!!!

but even more real, like isands of the caymen.... wheres the party without close friends to laugh with , laff at you and to laugh at... although I do enjoy my personal time.... time with friends is more sacred and to be true... paradise is where / when you are happiest :D

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Greek Island of Ithaca (smaller sister island to Kefalonia).

Out of the islands I've visited this is the nicest by far. The larger island is one of the nicest places I've stayed, but Ithaca is the most relaxing and tranquil. If I ever had enough money to buy a boat this is where you would find me, using it to access the many hidden sandy beaches that cannot be reached by land, enjoying the clear vivid blue sea, and eating the great Greek food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom