parcel2go AVOID!!! and HDNL too

bobpard

AmiBayer
Country
Leeds - UK
Region
west yorkshire
AAARGH, really need a good old rant. i sent a mate 2 packages with spectrum stuff in, 2 MONTHS AGO. they have sent it up and down the country 4 times, now they have lost them and told me there is nothing i can do as it has been over 28 days so cannot claim for lost item, even though they only mentioned this 2 months after it was sent! as according to them yesterday morning it was in a leeds depot, then at night it wasnt.

parcel2go dont respond to any complaints (well took 3 weeks to respond to my first one saying we dont know why this has all happened, and im sorry parcel2go has given poor service. I've been promised calls everyday for the last 7 days and got nothing, so i want to name and shame.

also HDNL are rubbish too, the other week i came home to find a card from them to say they have left my package, get this "over the gate". My gate is over 8 foot high, so they lobbed it over onto the concrete and refused responsibility as everything inside had smashed. Complete and utter fookwits.

Rant over, any got any advice where i can go from no with parcel2go as they just seem to refuse to deal with this.

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Well personally I havnt had an issue with HDNL but I think alot of the service comes down to the employees and 1 person can ruin the reputation of the whole service.
However, you have a good argument and it might be worth seeing Citizens Advice to see if it's worth taking further action or not.

BrooksterMax

Need more time!
AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Find out the name of the Chairman or Chief Executive of parcel2go and write to them directly. Stay polite and outline the events and ask for a resolution.

Best done by recorded delivery on a traditional letter rather than email.

This story on their website suggests his name:
" The programme features Parcel2Go.com’s Fil Adams-Mercer, who puts his success down to a strong work ethic."
http://news.parcel2go.com/Newsletter-22Mar10-secret-millionaire.aspx

This page has their Head Office
https://www.parcel2go.com/about.aspx

Same principle with HDNL.

Good luck (y)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I had some problems with HDNL claiming to have left a card when I was out but no cards left, eventually I got my item.

I tend to use DHL these days as I've not had any problems with them at all but I know full well you can have a problem with any courier or postal service becuase no service can be 100% all the time.

As outlined above, go to the top with your complaint and hopefully you can get it resolved.

All the best.

Steve.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
well Parcel Force seem to have delivered a motherboard to Fitzsteve for me but some how have managed to get the inside of the box wet?! clever trick!

(heh i said "wet box")

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
well Parcel Force seem to have delivered a motherboard to Fitzsteve for me but some how have managed to get the inside of the box wet?! clever trick!

(heh i said "wet box")

The box was a bit batterd too mate, its a shame when one person or a few peopler lets the whole service down!

I took some pics in case we need to claim but to be honest I'm sure it'll be ok once dried out!

Steve.

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
I've noticed a number of items I've received from companies and Ebay lately without the word "FRAGILE" written in plain view on the packaging. (n)

Seems like this word is no longer in use and nobody really takes notice nor understands the "Glass" or "This way up" packaging symbols.

Parcel.jpg

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Lol, I was told if you write fragile it gets kicked more ;)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I heard the same.

The more warnings about "fragile" or "sensitive device" or "glass" labels you put on a box, the worst the treatment it gets.

I'm sure you'll see plenty on Amirant! From small items soaked on mud to a whole irreplaceable A4000T made in pieces.:banghead:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I'm sure you'll see plenty on Amirant! From small items soaked on mud to a whole irreplaceable A4000T made in pieces.:banghead:

Yep, its one of the risks we take trading in this way, all we can do is buy insurance and hope the pay out.

Never heard back from JiggyMF, I hope they paid for his A4000T :(

Steve.

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
I've had problems with DHL kicking and throwing parcels around but none so far with HDNL.

I sent Dagger an A500 and sent RED IMPACT an Xbox 360 yesterday, both with HDNL... I really hope they make it in one piece after reading this thread :eek:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I've had problems with DHL kicking and throwing parcels around but none so far with HDNL.

I sent Dagger an A500 and sent RED IMPACT an Xbox 360 yesterday, both with HDNL... I really hope they make it in one piece after reading this thread :eek:

I'm pretty sure the risk is similar whatever service you use, I know its sad to have to do it but these days I pack my stuff expecting them to get kicked. I send in way oversized boxes with way too much bubble wrap and not had anything damaged yet. (Fingers crossed that continues)

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire

I'm pretty sure the risk is similar whatever service you use, I know its sad to have to do it but these days I pack my stuff expecting them to get kicked. I send in way oversized boxes with way too much bubble wrap and not had anything damaged yet. (Fingers crossed that continues)

Yep, my parcels are usually stuffed with bubble wrap, air pocket/bag things and scrunched up newspaper :)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I've noticed a number of items I've received from companies and Ebay lately without the word "FRAGILE" written in plain view on the packaging. (n)

Seems like this word is no longer in use and nobody really takes notice nor understands the "Glass" or "This way up" packaging symbols.

The stickers, tape or writing saying "Fragile", "Glass" or similar are not recognised by Royal Mail at least, and never have been as far as I've had dealings with Royal Mail internally. You might get a caring worker who notices a fragile parcel and places it at the top of a bag or york to protect it, but that is rare and there is not enough time to care that much about each and every item being sorted.

In the process of sending a parcel through Royal Mail all 1st class, 2nd class, recorded, tracked, PPI or standard parcels sent through the main Post Office/RM system are treated the same. All parcels get put into large sacks, so are all in together in sacks weighing up to 11KG. These are then placed on a york that can weight 250KG gross weight, so sacks at the bottom will have a fair bit of weight from those above. On arrival at the mail centre these bags are sorted from their delivery york onto other yorks depending on where in the centre they are going, so get thrown from one to the other. They are then cut and tipped into large alts that are self levelling, with the contents needing to be squashed down by hand to fill them to the top. These then get wheeled to the sorters who then take each parcel and sort it into a drop frame (large metal frame hung with mail bags for each post code destination) and the parcels are thrown into these bags by the sorters. Once full these bags get tied and placed on york that will go to the delivery office. On arrival at the delivery office the bags are cut and tipped again and the parcels sorted again into road destination in another drop frame. And then the postman takes them on delivery.

So as you can see, parcels sent through normal postage types via Royal Mail go through a lot of physical movement. It is surprising that so many reach their destinations intact, and it highlights the fact that when sending a parcel always pack it very well and securely.

RED IMPACT

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire

Ummm....me too! :wooha:

DHL/HDNL have been ok with me so far, often used thru parcel2go.com but a letter to the top guy would be my first port of call in case of problem - after i had ranted and raved at the person at the end of the telephone.

Parcel Force on the other hand - delivered a package to the wrong address with a different postcode not too far from me. After that it was unclear who had it. Parcel force said its a neighbour, go ask for it back, neighbour said parcel force had it, police weren't interested = no parcel & a refund via paypal. Took a looooong time to get them to admit they had fcuked up once i had the service manager define what a neighbour was i.e. not someone who lives 300 yards away!

Always, always over pack stuff when sending. Ive sent stuff all over the world with no breakages including computer equipment but that may just be luck.

bobpard

AmiBayer
Country
Leeds - UK
Region
west yorkshire
just had an email from Parcel2go to say that they have requested that HDNL deliver the parcels to the correct place.

hmmmm not too optimistic, already had 4 of these. Also intriguingly, i have done online tracking both through hdnl site and parcel2go and they say different things.

parcel2go site says that the packages are held in leeds depot at my request ??

hdnl says that the packages left maidstone on the 5th Nov, no mention of it arriving in Leeds.

Think i may have to threaten some form of action and write to the top dog if they dont arrive by monday especially as the guy im sending them to is moving house in a couple of weeks, which will confuse parcel2go/hdnl even more

Top Bottom