Found Paula chip (SMD version for A1200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hey guys,

Looking for a surface-mount Paula to repair an A1200 with a blown Paula.

Can anyone help before I go to Vesalia? :)

Cheers!
Dale

Last edited:

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hi Cosmos,

Cool :) Thanks for the reply.

Are they used? If so, are they cleanly desoldered with good pins?

Also - do you have any SMD PLCC44 sockets? :)

Thanks!

Cosmos

Banned
Rating - 99.1%
111   1   0
Country
France
Region
Besançon
Hey man, I said in Good via Paypal, and you nevermind... So, I paid 0.49 euros for refund...

I think I'm a cool guy in business, I sell and repair at low price...

And you nevermind...

In France, we say : "Tu te fous de ma gueule"...

So, I'll send you Paula + socket, but it's finish between us : never e-mail me again for something...

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Edit :

I will refund : I don't want to spend 30 mn to go shipping in La Poste for this guy...

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Wow! Sorry, it was a mistake, I complete forgot about fees!

I immediately re-sent the correct payment, it's been in your inbox for 10 minutes before you decided to be angry and type this! There's no need to be upset, I made a mistake and just want to do good business... :Doh:

The corrected payment has been sitting in your inbox for 15 minutes.

paypal.PNG

What's wrong? I'm not a bad person, it was a misunderstanding. I was in a rush to pay you quickly!

For what it's worth:
"Good" on English PayPal means SELLER PAYS FEE.
"GIFT" on English PayPal means BUYER HAS THE OPTION OF PAYING THE FEE.

Justin

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
wow, a whole world of moving this to pms and mods stepping in here methinks.

now breath and relax guys, mistakes happen, chillaxe.......

Cosmos

Banned
Rating - 99.1%
111   1   0
Country
France
Region
Besançon
>"Good" on English PayPal means SELLER PAYS FEE

What ??

Whaou, all apologies for this, I believed good = gift...

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Ok, you refunded my corrected payment. :(

This is very sad. You get angry because I made a mistake, which I apologised for and corrected immediately, and now refuse to do business.

What's wrong with you?

I am an honest guy, and have done business with many people, I have even met people here in person.

Never mind.

Anyone else have a Paula chip for me?

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks

What ??

@Cosmos in english paypal we have options 'Gift' which is personal payment sent where we can choose to pay fee or pass to seller.

The we have 'Goods' Which is like buying from ebay where fees go to seller, if we choose 'Goods' then we have no choice about fees.

All the best.

Steve.

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Cosmos,

If you have lost money because of the refund, I will reimburse you.

If that is true, you should never have refunded me. I would have just payed an extra .49 to correct the mistake. I am a very reasonable person, I do not mess people around.

Cosmos

Banned
Rating - 99.1%
111   1   0
Country
France
Region
Besançon
Excuse-me : I'm very angry today...

We have some problems in France with some guys on the Amiga business...

Hard to explain in english...

Foul or mrodrf, please help :

Certaines personnes montent des gens contre moi en propageant des choses fausses pour me discréditer, pour me faire des ennemis...

And I REALLY don't like that...

So again, all apologies, I'll turn off computers for today...

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@thread

When sending funds for goods or services you can select to "pay fees" in the options menu - look closely as the option is available in the very badly laid out menus.

Refunding payments using the refund button will not incur any losses to the refundee.

Paying with gift is a great way to avoid fee's and I would personally recommend this for small items with known good traders - however larger items or some one you have not done business with before I would err on the side of caution and pay the fee's.

@d0pefish
Dont worry, Cosmos is a good trader and will help you out =)

If I might be so bold as to ask, why you need another Paula?

@cosmos
Take a break my friend, please try and catchup with my PM as best you can. remember you do have a good trading standard here and that means a lot to the community.

I can understand your feelings when certain people have atempted to discredit you as they have, but remeber that for the most part the community here is behind you =).

so grab a break, coffee and croissant and relax =)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
@thread

When sending funds for goods or services you can select to "pay fees" in the options menu - look closely as the option is available in the very badly laid out menus.

I can't see this option mate, when you pay 'goods' at least there is definately no option on my Paypal account to pay fees.

I only see the 'pay fees' when sending gift and then only if funding by Credit/Debit Card.

merlinkv

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Time a go I bought some things from Cosmos.

I'm very happy with comms, quality of goods, prices & delivery... (y)

But, also it's true that in all deals I made the seller specifies... "make payment as a gift" or something like that.

I think is only a mistake of understanding. But now, everything is OK, right?

Best is relax and drink some.... :beer:

Cheers

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Cosmos,

I'm sorry to hear people are saying bad things about you. I certainly have not heard any bad words about you, and I CERTAINLY did not intend to contribute to your anger.

In fact, I've seen you around and am aware of your good hardware projects. I even use your custom graphics.library myself.

I was very keen to pay your for your services, in spite of what might be being said. I don't care what other people say.

@Zetr0
First payment, under Goods, went straight through - no (obvious at least) option to pay fees - probably why I got caught out here. It was a cock-up on my behalf :(
When I paid Cosmos the second time, I chose Gift. There, I had two options - sender pays fees, or recipient pays fees. I chose to pay the fees myself the second time, as shown on the receipt I posted.

Sadly Cosmos is upset and doesn't want to do the deal any more.

I need a Paula to repair a partially faulty A1200 tokyoracer has kindly given me as his way of repaying me for some work I did for him. The machine acts as if the right mouse button is jammed down (mouse itself is not the problem). Paula POTY line receives the right high+low voltages on button presses, but isnt processing it properly.

Since Paula is audio, the funny thing is that RMB presses cause LOUD pops through the speakers :) Also sound output is very distorted. As Paula receives correct input on POTY, and the traces and resistor+capacitor on the way to it are fine, I've diagnosed it as a dead Paula.

Cheers.

Marc

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Essex
@thread

I can't see this option mate, when you pay 'goods' at least there is definately no option on my Paypal account to pay fees.

I only see the 'pay fees' when sending gift and then only if funding by Credit/Debit Card.

I have the same experience. I am thinking of setting up an escrow service where people send me all their money and all their amiga items. I will spend a VERY long time inspecting it all :)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@d0pefish

I dont think the fault is with the Paul, but infact the small IC next to it U34 needs to be replaced - Its a common myth that Paula deals with the mouse as not (dont worry I got caught out by this recently as well)

U34 74LS166 handles the mouse data - replace this first.

Joystick fire buttons (Fire 0 and Fire 1) are handled/controlled by U7: 8520 CIA

If I am not mistaken Paula's PotX and PotY are used for paddels based on potentiometers.

(thanks to toni willen for clarifying the paula thing on EAB!)

@wasagi
when I get some time I will replace the U34 LS166 on your motherboard - with luck your a1200 will be back in the land of the living with a working mouse =D

alas I am under a ton of it with getting these systems ready for r3play - alas it will have to wait =(

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk

What ??

If d0pefish didn't pay as a gift I fail to see what the fuss is all about, its only a few pence fee and your stopping his transaction over that? That's pretty un-fair if you ask me and I think this should be resolved and sorted since you have exactly what he is after.

You both should talk it over since you both are reasonable people im sure and turn this into an overall positive experience. Sorry to comment on something thats nothing to do with me but I have been here myself and just showing my opinion on how this could be sorted.

Best of luck to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom