Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
This annoys me.....

I sold 3 Xbox 360 games a while ago to a guy in Poland (through ebay). Now over 2 weeks later he opens a dispute with ebay/Paypal saying he's not recieved the games yet :blink:. He didn't even bother to contact me in the first place and today he escalated the dispute to a claim without bothering to respond to any of my emails!!

I've literally been forced into refunding him as Paypal gave me a time limit of just 12 days to respond by either issuing a refund or providing a tracking number... the buyer did not pay for tracking/insurance. He chose the cheaper standard airmail instead (i'm never offering that option again!).

Anyway Royal Mail have told me that Poland has one of the worst postal systems in the world and even the workers in my local PO said that packages get lost (or stolen) quite often when sent to Poland (especially in Warsaw (n)). The PO said i should wait upto a month... but Paypal won't let me do that. This is so unfair!! Anyway i've filled in a Royal Mail claim form along with original postage receipt and ebay/paypal receipts.

Hopefully i will get a refund from Royal Mail... or they will find out the parcel was actually delivered, in which case i probably can't do anything about it!.The buyer seems fairly new to ebay with only 24 recent feedback.

:dry:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Yep, thats the reason a lot of people don't like to post abroad.

I'm starting to get sick of how ebay sides with the buyer on everything you almost have no rights as a seller yet you pay all the fees!

Its BS to say the least and why I like to do all my trading here now, ebay really as a last resort if I can't get a buyer here.

Steve.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
It is unfair, and I suggest you use other alternatives to sell stuff.

I try to make clear to buyers I am not taking risk if they like untracked parcels with a small value.

The buyer has also no sence of justice, I had it with a UK seller recently and we did 50-50.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Also, the parcel will probs arrive in a few weeks and then he'll have the games and his money (n)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
That is the thing with untracked :| Luckily most transfers on here are better working..

Alcatan

I never drink....Wine
AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Ceredigion
unfortunately this is the scam with sith-bay, there is like a 7 point rule that you have to follow "to the letter" to qualify for seller protection, and this doesn't just include sending the item signed for with electronic tracking, and if you don't meet all 7 points, BAM, you get screwed.

Even if you do they will still side with the buyer..

Sith-bay is rife with this kind of behaviour.

Stop using them, thats what I say. Eventually the sith wil be wiped out and the world will become a better place

ps the buyer probably already has the package.

Geraldine

Re-discovering Amigas after a bit of an absence!
Country
Scotland
Region
Renfrewshire
That's awful PowerPie :( I hope you get a successful claim. I have to admit though, I agree with Alcatan. I think the blagger already has what he ordered, then again perhaps he is as much of a victim if someone else made off with it. That's the catch, there is just no way of knowing for sure. :unsure:

stachu100

Country
Poland
Region
mazowieckie
Ok, as I'm in Poland I would like to clarify some thing:
1) Polish Post Office DOES NOT HAVE the worst postal system! :mad:
As you can see I have all positive comment here - it means I received all packages sent to me and all people received the packages I sent (and content was as described).
My ebay site:
http://myworld.ebay.pl/stachu100
My allegro.pl site (local Polish ebay)
http://allegro.pl/show_user.php?uid=123575
As you can see over almost 400 feedbacks all together which I can prove now (and more than that private dispatches which I cannot prove).
All positive. What I can tell you that Polish Post lost ONE of my domestic package and I was cheated once by ebay user (goods was not shipped to me, user was banned by ebay admin).
2) There are just people everywhere - I'm 99,9% sure that your parcel was delivered, but as you ship it without insurance/tracking this fact CANNOT be proven now. I'm sending ALL abroad parcels with insurance.
As said I was cheated as well by ebay user from Germany - does it mean that all people from Germany are bad people? Of course not.
3) As you said you just offered cheapest postage without insurance - your mistake.

Conclusion:
- Insurance as standard.
- There are people everywhere - some good some bad.
- Polish Post Office is not the worst - one parcel lost out of about 1000. Not bad I think.

Thank you.

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
I agree with Stan that it's not good to say that a national postal service isn't that good. I never had problems with Poland. The most problems I had in Italy HEHEHE.

Anyways...if you ship untracked it's like an invitation for the courier or the buyer to "steal" the contents :)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I got hosed exactly like this by a buyer in Germany but with a copy of Moonstone.
The only difference was that he put it on sale for a 300% markup one month later with different photos, but of the exact same box with the same price label and distinct damage to the box and everything! I nearly had an anurism when I saw it, and reported it to eBay.
They contacted the seller who immediately pulled the auction and removed the pics.
The only help they offered was that I should contact the police in the guy's country.
It was at that point that I started to look for alternatives.

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
No. I didn't told anyone about that. As long as the user acts in a better way in the forums (and he obviously does) there is no reason for that IMO...

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
@Jon Hare

Would you like to forward me the details please, it is all of our responsibility to look after all our fellow members, if you suspect suspicious activity then you should really report it.

Thanks

TC :)

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
Oopsala...I don't wanted to cause any trouble :unsure:. I am sure that his behaviour on Feebay isn't comparable with his acting in the forums.

Anyway...I'll give you a talk, TC

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
I agree with Stan that it's not good to say that a national postal service isn't that good. I never had problems with Poland. The most problems I had in Italy HEHEHE.

Those were the words from my local Royal Mail post office... I don't know what the Polish postal service is like so i just took their word for it (Royal Mail isn't perfect either :roll:) They said quite a few customers complain about packages going missing in Poland... they specifically said Warsaw seems to be a hot spot for lost packages and postal strikes.

Sorry stachu100 but i'm not trying to upset anyone and this is not aimed at all Polish people. Packages go missing in the UK and other countries too... especially around Christmas apparently. I'm just a bit peeved as this is the second problem i've had with a package going to Poland in the space of one month! And they are the only two packages i've ever sent to Poland! The first package managed to arrive back at my address for some unknown reason... Royal Mail then collected it and shipped it off again. It had been to Poland and back again (maybe got confused with sender address? :Doh:).

Sorry again if i caused any upset but i've got nothing against Poland or Polish people... Maybe i've just been unlucky with their postal service :( Anyway i hope Royal Mail pay up... The guy could be telling the truth and maybe the parcel never arrived... or he could be lying and have both my games and money. I won't know until Royal Mail get to the bottom of it.

I just wish the guy had contacted me first... He never replied to any emails and has ignored everything!! Very unreasonable unless of course he's a scammer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom