PayPal "Gifts", Fees and Policy amendments.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Ladies and Gents,
I have just noticed an update to PayPal's fee structure for personal payments.
Formerly these were free to make, now they attract a fee.

See HERE for more details.

However, it is possible to avoid fees, in certain European countries, if you make payments in Euros.

I would advise anyone who is interested to have a detailed read of the document I linked too.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I had to upgrade my paypal account to 'Business' recently because I used to run an online gaming clan, and used to hold all the donations over the 6 years I was doing it a lot of donations came into my account.

Recently with my trading via these forums I hit their magic number and had to upgrade.

Anyway now I don't have to pay any fees at all to send a 'gift' even if I don't have the money in my paypal, its taken directly from my bank account.

So all my trading here should be free (except for those who choose not to cover the fees on payments they send me...)

Steve.

LTAC

AmiBayer
Country
FRANCE
Region
South of PARIS
Nothing about this on PAYPAL.FR, see here the lastest Policy Updates => date: 21 jan.2010 (about fees transactions FRANCE-POLAND).

HeZoR

Amiga Rules
AmiBayer
Country
Greece
Region
Nomos Pellis
Sending as goods has no fees

It does for the seller ;)

The fee is paid by the recipient.

Not to my country at least i did transfer for example 7e and there was no fee to either recipient nor senter, thru goods. It did have fees using personal gift for the same transaction to the recipient though.

HeZoR

Amiga Rules
AmiBayer
Country
Greece
Region
Nomos Pellis
Sending as goods has no fees

It does for the seller ;)

The fee is paid by the recipient.

Not to my country at least i did transfer for example 7e and there was no fee to either recipient nor senter, thru goods. It did have fees using personal gift for the same transaction to the recipient though.

Additional: I do get some fees on my e-banking account, that doesn't show up on paypal receipts. Is this from paypal or from the bank, is unknown to me. I did sent an e-mail to paypal and they claim that everything is in the receipt. Any comments?

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I am surprised that you have not paid any fees, the fees structure for PayPal is laid out on their website quite plainly.
In the UK until recently the only way to receive a payment without incurring any fees was to have the sender send it as a "Gift" or "Personal Payment owed".
However, that meant that the sender had no recourse to an automatic refund in the event of a claim which would imply that there would have to be a level of trust between buyer and seller.

Now, according to the new policy amendment, the sender of a payment has to either accept the fees on sending, or hand them over to the receiver.

This means that it is now no longer possible to send without incurring fees unless you commit your transaction in Euros, and are within the European Union or European Economic Area (EEA).

This will be effective from 01 Nov 10, however it came to my attention when I was attempting to send Xanxi a refund on his postage.
I may have "busted through" the level of payments as Fitzsteve has already mentioned, but this will come into affect for all UK based members soon enough.

HeZoR

Amiga Rules
AmiBayer
Country
Greece
Region
Nomos Pellis
This means that it is now no longer possible to send without incurring fees unless you commit your transaction in Euros, and are within the European Union or European Economic Area (EEA).

It doesn't matter i've sent yesterday 18e as goods in europe and I saw 18.18e in my e-banking withdrawn. The paypal receipt does say 18e. Wild guess, where's this money go? Is this from paypal or my bank ?

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
1% is around the level of their new charging rate.
However, PayPal are obligated to let you know what fees they have charged you and a quick look at your transaction history will show you if you have been charged a fee for that particular transaction.

HeZoR

Amiga Rules
AmiBayer
Country
Greece
Region
Nomos Pellis
1% is around the level of their new charging rate.
However, PayPal are obligated to let you know what fees they have charged you and a quick look at your transaction history will show you if you have been charged a fee for that particular transaction.

I see no such fees in paypal history, alas I see 10% on e-banking.
So i guess it's definately from the bank.
I have a credit card (electron visa) that's directly linked the bank account. I should pay them a visit, or better change the bank.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
"Ker-Ching" - $o$

PayPal cash in again. :roll:

Kin

Top Bottom