PBS Documentaries

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
So yesterday, I was up on You-tube and watched the (US) PBS documentaries "triumph of the Nerds" and "Nerds 2.0.1" by Robert Cringly.
Now Bob has done may PBS shows, has a tech blog, has worked for Apple and so on, so I e-mailed and asked him why did they ignore Commodore and such in the films.
-Actually, if you look, he has an Amiga 2000 in many of the shots of his lab-

He actually got back to me and said that Jack didn't want to co-operate or participate in the film and time restrictions.
humm......

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
So yesterday, I was up on You-tube and watched the (US) PBS documentaries "triumph of the Nerds" and "Nerds 2.0.1" by Robert Cringly.
Now Bob has done may PBS shows, has a tech blog, has worked for Apple and so on, so I e-mailed and asked him why did they ignore Commodore and such in the films.

He actually got back to me and said that Jack didn't want to co-operate or participate in the film and time restrictions.
humm......
Thats a pretty lame reply if you ask me.

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,

humm......
Thats a pretty lame reply if you ask me.
I agree, but the fact that he actually replied is what shocked me. I asked him to elaborate more and why the main stream tech media seems to what to purge Commodore from the history books etc.. who knows if he will get back..

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

Also, a new documentary on the Amiga is being shot called "Viva Amiga" but not don by PBS or Cringly.

Top Bottom