In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Hi to all. I did a raid in my closet and found the following items for recycling purposes; just pay the postage.

Those were working before pulled off from the motherboard years ago and stored inside a box. So I don't find a reason to be faulty.

So we have:

GeForce2 MX400 64MB SDR TV Graphics Card (AGP)
DSC00260.jpg

Microcom InPort Home Modem (PCI)
DSC00261.jpg

Joystick & MIDI output connector
DSC00262.jpg

No CDs for drivers, but they are easy to acquire. :)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Not really interested, I can sort one local, but what speed is the modem? What protocol?

Inquiring minds wants to know.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Those internal PCI modems can sometimes be really hard to get working as finding drivers can be very hard. Do you know if it is a soft modem? Or a full modem?

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
138   0   1
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
That one is a "Windows" modem, meaning it won't work with anything else as an OS other than windows... Drivers can be found here http://www.microcom.sk/download.php but i can't say the language is very familiar to me.. If anyone takes the card i'd be glad to up my driver files to make it work for you, since i still have the darn thing :)

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Harrison

The correct descript is software modem or hardware modem. Win-modems are usually software modems & tbh, very few Hardware modems actually exist thesedays. Diamond Supra External modems usually were hardware based, but it could be a hens teeth affair finding an hardware Internal modem if you need to be so specific. ;)

Kin

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Internal modems actually came in 2 versions. Controller-less modems (or DSP) and Software modems (or HSP). DSP modems were much preferred as they still did the datapumping in hardware and only implemented the controller function in software. Whereas HSP modems dispensed with both the controller and the datapump and did everything in software, which really could effect performance for PCs at the time.

I hated internal HSP software modems! And most people tried to avoid them if they could. The OS could never detect them. Software modems often came bundled with new systems as they were cheap, but in a design studio we never had much use for them in most of the systems so pulled them straight away. However they normally had no identifying information on them such as make or model, so you had to make sure you wrote down exactly what it was from device manager before you pulled it from a system or you had no chance of ever getting it to work again.

I've still got a boxed Diamond Supra External modem. ;) Keep it just in case my broadband drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom