Pc Hdd on amiga help

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Rotherham' South Yorkshire.
Hello all.....

Firstly id like to say thanx for all your help so far :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Now! Heres for the next question....

Iv been rooting thro my old pc hardware and come across an old 2gig 3.5" hdd formatted to FAT32' I was wondewring is it poss to format it in winuae so i can use in on my amiga????

--------------------------------------------------------
Quick quiz Wine' Lager or Both?????

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Yes, use the same "-disableharddrivesafetycheck" trick and select the former PC HD in the hard drives tab of WinUAE (it will complain that it is a system HD, just ignore it).

Check triple to not use the real HD from your system before continuing!

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Yes, use the same "-disableharddrivesafetycheck" trick and select the former PC HD in the hard drives tab of WinUAE (it will complain that it is a system HD, just ignore it).

Check triple to not use the real HD from your system before continuing!

Just where is that? (disableharddrivesafetycheck) I dont see it in winuae....

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Call the program via "run command" in winblows, select the folder where winuae is, then type "winuae -disableharddrivesafetycheck".

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Call the program via "run command" in winblows, select the folder where winuae is, then type "winuae -disableharddrivesafetycheck".

Ok iv done that but when i goto add hard drive in winuae it wont let me its not highlighted......

Edit.... Has this summat todo wi Win7????

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
No. I use WinUAE in win7 x64 no problem. If the hard drive is PC formatted it might give you some trouble trying to add it to WinUAE. What you need to do is unmount it from the system by going to Disk Management and removing the drive letter for the drive. If the drive is RDB formatted already you shouldn't have an issue at all.

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
make sure you have admin privileges

you might want to think about having it somewhere else than program files as well

Top Bottom