PC Keyboard recommendations?

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Hey everyone,

My old Logitech G15 keyboard is starting to age and bits are failing, so I'm looking for a cheap replacement keyboard, preferably backlit with a rotary volume control and around the £15.00 mark.

Any ideas/suggestions please if anyone out there has something similar already?

Thanks,
Ed.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I've also got a Logitech G15 (version 2 with orange backlighting) and still really enjoy using it. Mine is as good as the day I purchased it so I'm in no hurry to change it.

I really don't think you will have much luck buying a decent keyboard for £15, let alone a backlit one. Saying that, I purchased a couple of Microsoft Internet Keyboards years ago, which must have only cost about £10 each, and am still using them over 10 years later. Great key action. Only negative is they are noisy to type on quickly.

Having a quick look, Novatech sell an own branded backlit keyboard for £19 which you could look at.

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Thanks Harrison, will take a look at that. There are a few others on Amazon but as you say, finding a decent one might be difficult.

(y)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
They actually do a back lit one for £11.99

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/peripherals/keyboards/wired/kb600l.html

But it's going to be plasticy and basic at that price, although you could be surprised. Do you have a Novatech near you? If so worth popping in to look at them. If not I can take a look next time I'm in mine (which is the main big one in Portsmouth).

They have a lot of other backlit keyboards for slightly more money. Personally I would save up for a another decent gaming keyboard as you know the keys and components have been designed for excessive use gaming.

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Thanks mate, I think they are just in Portsmouth, but have an online store.

You're probably right about saving up. I'm currently using my AmigaONE keyboard from the A1200, hopefully it will last until I have the readies for something better.

Cheers,
Ed.

Top Bottom