Pcmcia cf adapter

joebloggs71

Country
Britain
Region
Plymouth
I have a pcmcia to compact flash card coming for my amiga 1200 in the post.i have a number of pd cds with demos,modules etc on them(not dms files).can i just drag and drop the cds onto my cf card? Also do i need drivers to get the card working?

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
If you want to use the CF cards as CD32 drives "emulation", you need to edit the cfd.device to use Fast File System instead FAT16/FAT32.

Then use an Amiga emulator (like WinUAE) to copy the CD contents to the (formatted as Amiga FFS) Compact Flash.

joebloggs71

Country
Britain
Region
Plymouth
pcmcia to cf

pcmcia to cf

ive formatted it to FAT32 in windows,the problem is my 1200 wont pick up the pcmcia card with cf in the slot.using diropus cf0: doesnt come up.ive got no way of getting the drivers from aminet to my amiga 1200 hard drive
:(

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
You don't have a floppy drive in your pc?:Doh: To get started that is the most easy way..:blink:

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

If it is a lot of data you could just use WINUAE to. There should be some interesting sticky's for you in the amioracle section to.

You could prep a complete system this way. The only part that I alway's do on the amiga is partition and format it, afterwards winuae can install the rest using adf's, shared drives, etc....

joebloggs71

Country
Britain
Region
Plymouth
pcmcia to cf

pcmcia to cf

a mate is bringing his 1200 over later and im going to copy the drivers from his machine onto floppy and then dump them onto my hard drive using dopus.thanks everybody anyway for your help.:)

Top Bottom