Phase 5 Cyberstorm MK 1 68060 Guru errors on soft reboot then Reboot cycle

Boing-ball

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
So….

After the issues I had with the Apollo 4040 card, I decided to swap this out for a Phase 5 Cyberstorm 68060 with the 128MB Fast RAM and SCSI modules. While I was at it, replaced my Kickstart ROMs with another freshly set of 3.2.2 ROMs (47.111). Just in-case.

After what seemed to be dicey start with the same issues in Workbench I saw with the 4040 (Software stopping and random freezes), I then re-installed the THOrs MMU Libs and now finally then decided to go with the Phase 5 Cyberstorm Libs.

Now here is the issue.
Regardless of Libs being used. Every time I do a soft reboot, the system attempts to boot but then 11 quick flashing power LED and either Software Guru meditation error 80000004 or 800000b. This will then get stuck in a reboot loop. Switch the Amiga off for about a minute and everything is fine.

I have replaced the Rev 1 68060 with a Rev 5 68060 just to make sure the CPU isn’t bad. Still the same.

I’m guessing something is not being let go during the soft reboot?

Anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

Boing-ball

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Well. Did some more testing. Ran Amigatestkit for a couple of hours on a full RAM scan. No errors. Used the soft reboot option and got a dark Blue/Dark Purple screen. Powered off and on, system went through POST then it attempted to boot off my SD card and lockup with Guru 8000000B, reboot loop again. I’m now thinking something on my installation here? Will further test….. Just note I’m using a ACILL A4000 Rev 1.0 Motherboard. So hopefully it’s nothing to do with that.

Boing-ball

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Well. Did some more testing. Ran Amigatestkit for a couple of hours on a full RAM scan. No errors. Used the soft reboot option and got a dark Blue/Dark Purple screen. Powered off and on, system went through POST then it attempted to boot off my SD card and lockup with Guru 8000000B, reboot loop again. I’m now thinking something on my installation here? Will further test….. Just note I’m using a ACILL A4000 Rev 1.0 Motherboard. So hopefully it’s nothing to do with that.
Finally after 4 months! It appears it was a faulty RAM module. I ended up running ATK to get up to 9.5 times checking the RAM before it errored. Tracked down the faulty module and replaced it. 🤞🏻No issues up to now… Thank God! 🤗🙄

Top Bottom