Joolz

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Bavaria
Edit with status as of Jan 24, 2024:
Item has been shipped on Jan 17 and already been delivered as of Jan 22, according to both DHL and PM by @petter_morales.

Would appreciate some confirmation about everything being in order in here.

——

Hi folks,

I've decided to sell my Cyberstorm MK2.
To the best of my knowledge, the card is in fully working condition and has just been tested again for multiple hours using an A4000T w/ OS 3.2.1.
It comes with 128MB 60ns RAM modules and is equipped with a Rev 6 CPU, thus running very cool at the spec'ed 50MHz.
Based on the paper on top of the oscillator it has never been overclocked, definitely not since I've owned it given its rarity and value.
Also included is a box in rather poor condition and non-matching serial number, which I've purchased separately a few years ago.

Asking price: EUR 1300 1200 1100

Also for sale is the matching CyberSCSI module. As shown in the pictures, I've successfully tested it using a SCSI harddrive.

Asking price: EUR 175 150 or nearest offer

To declare interest, besides writing in the thread, please also send a PM.
Even though not bundled per se, I’d prefer selling both items together and will offer a discount of EUR 50.

Shipping solely via DHL and as tracked, insured parcel.

Shipping cost:
CountryShipping costRemarks
GermanyEUR 7coverage upto EUR 2500 included
most EU countries (e.g. Italy, Netherlands, France)EUR 16,50coverage upto EUR 1000 included, add EUR 14 for upto EUR 2000
Great Britain/Northern IrelandEUR 27,00coverage upto EUR 1000 included, add EUR 14 for upto EUR 2000
USEUR 48,00coverage upto EUR 1000 included, add EUR 14 for upto EUR 2000

Please ask for shipping to other, non-listed countries.

Payment accepted either via PP gift or IBAN bank transfer. You may also use PP goods if you bear the paypal fees.

IMG_1434.jpegIMG_1435.jpegIMG_1437.jpegIMG_1521.jpegIMG_1436.jpegIMG_1522.jpegIMG_1525.jpegIMG_1526.jpeg
IMG_1536.jpegIMG_1537.jpeg

Even though the items are in working condition as shown, sold without warranty of any kind, no returns accepted.

Item also for sale elsewhere.

Thanks for looking.

Edit: Bump - one final reduction for the Cyberstorm

Last edited:

Joolz

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Bavaria
I believe not, do you maybe have a picture how it is supposed to look?

Edit:
If you mean this one here (symbolic picture) then no, when I bought it only the main thing was included.
1701762904100.jpeg

Picard

Rating - 100%
34   0   1
Country
Poland
Region
Lomza
Does it work then? On the external connector is a SCSI terminator needed for proper termination of SCSI chain. HDD transfers without terminator won't we reliable in best case, in worst it can even lead to random system hangs.

Joolz

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Bavaria
I don’t know fore sure - as said I’ve bought it exactly in that manner and was able to successfully test an attached hard drive by copying data from it to a usb stick. Other than that, I’ve never used the CyberSCSI module myself despite having it, I threw out SCSI of all my machines a long time ago.

But since you sold such a module yourself and also without the external termination module, maybe you know more than me and dare to share?
(https://www.amibay.com/threads/cyberscsi-ii-scsi-controller-for-cyberstorm-mkii.2405013/)

Picard

Rating - 100%
34   0   1
Country
Poland
Region
Lomza
I've just shared the info in post above.
It won't work reliable without termination of a SCSI bus and potential buyer should be aware of this problem.

matt020

Finger lickin' good
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Western Australia
Are you accepting offers since there is a problem with SCSI?

Joolz

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Bavaria

Attachments

• IMG_1539.png
    IMG_1539.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1540.png
    IMG_1540.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Picard

Rating - 100%
34   0   1
Country
Poland
Region
Lomza
Yes. That's do the trick. You connect it to one of the connectors of CyberSCSI.
SCSI terminators were common back in the day, but now they are quite rare.

gseb

Rating - 100%
279   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
BW
The scsi external module makes life easier... More not...

With it, the terminator can be set on automaticly when nothing is connected to the external scsi connector. It means, you do not have to plug a terminator on the external modul. The modul can self terminate the chain or not.

Of course, as long as the scsi chain is properly terminated, it will work reliable without that modul too ! Why not ???

Terminators can still be bought with little effort searching on the net... There is even DIY one...

DB25 one

Depending on the config, you may not need those terminators dongles, some devices can be set to do the terminator, as an exemple the scsi2SD...

The external module can be replace by something like this connected to the internal scsi cable :

I did it on my warpengine scsi... I just cut the metal slot on both side and drilled 2 holes so that all fit well on the back of the 4000D....

That said, it's always nice to have the full csmk2 package....

Last edited:

dava1973

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Region
ZH
I own a MK2 with SCSI and can confirm, that MK2 and CyberSCSI work fine without the external connector part. I did actually get the external connector with my MK2, but I have not installed it for various reasons. In my setup, a SD2SCSI V6 with termination activated is connected to CyberSCSI over a 50 line flat cable. Never had any issues with this setup, just works fine - even though the other end at the SCSI host adapter is not terminated (at least not as far as I know).
I would very much like to have another MK2, it's a great processor board.. alas, I've bought too much stuff already this year...

Picard

Rating - 100%
34   0   1
Country
Poland
Region
Lomza
And what is your transfer speed (read/write) with not terminated SCSI bus?
I bet it's 2,5MB/s just like IDE?

dava1973

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Region
ZH
And what is your transfer speed (read/write) with not terminated SCSI bus?
I bet it's 2,5MB/s just like IDE?
Hi Picard. Don't want to hijack this thread, so just very short: Yeah, your assumption is about right: Similar to IDE. So correct termination might make it faster. I can test and post the results in a separate thread, if anyone is interested. If it does actually make the setup faster, however, quite cheap termination can be added, even without the external connector - as mentioned by others in this thread. So the missing connector is not a crucial part, imho, but relatively easy to replace.

Picard

Rating - 100%
34   0   1
Country
Poland
Region
Lomza
See post #9. I confirmed that generic SCSI terminator will do the trick. Sometimes it's enough to read entire thread not one post and you can learn that "your news" was already posted ;)
About SCSI, I think the only reason to have it in Amiga is faster transfer speed, about 8,5 MB/s. It can only be achieved using CyberSCSI on MKI and MKII but with proper termination, maybe other SCSI on CPU cards, ZorroIII DMA SCSI like FastLaneZ3 and Elbox FastATA ZorroIII (IDE). All other solutions like A2000 compatible SCSI and IDE ZorroII cards will have a performance of internal IDE.

Joolz

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Bavaria
Bump - price for both accelerator and SCSI module reduced, item will also be listed elsewhere.

Top Bottom