Picasso IV and SD/FF

CrashMidnick

AmiBayer
Country
France
Region
Besancon
Hi,

I have a little issue on my PIV (in my A2000) and more precisely concerning the SD/FF : I have installed P96 drivers and when I am launching ECS applications in WB (like WHDLOAD), everything works perfectly. When I try to boot a game from the Floppy drive, the image is perfect but when an object or anything else is moving, I have something similar to "interlace effect" like this :

image010.jpg

My questions are :

- Is the SD/FF is managed by software (because it works in the WB)
- Is there something wrong with the setup of my Picasso SD/FF ? (I tried everything with Picassomodetng to find the best frequency, I have checked and unchecked the interlace mode from the Picasso IV early Startup... I have the latest update of the flash rom as well)
- Did someone got the same probrem ?

I have a CRT 17"...

Thanks for your help !

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
try holding SHIFT during boot (or if that does not work press many-many times SHIFT fast) so you get inside the PIV boot-menu. Check the sd/ff settings there, maybe you spot the problem there... IIRC there is a setting for enabling/disabling the FF part

CrashMidnick

AmiBayer
Country
France
Region
Besancon
Thanks Keropi but the only thing that you can do in this boot menu is to "check and uncheck the interlace mode from the Picasso IV" as I said in my post. Both positions did not do anything...

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
strange... when I had a pIV it just worked perfect on CRT... did you tamper with the PAL/NTSC refresh rates? Maybe in the boot menu you press "default settings" (or reset don't remember exactly) and give it a shot?

CrashMidnick

AmiBayer
Country
France
Region
Besancon
I have found the problem :

My tekmagic 060 has a software reboot problem (every tekmagic seems to have one according to the manual...).

When I applied changes to the SD/FF (concerning the interlace option in the PIV boot menu) there is a "reboot button" to apply parameters when changes have been done. So I always clicked on it but my system crashed everytime as there is a software reboot problem. In fact you can see that the check box is checked or not if you go again into the boot menu but changes are not applied !! Incredible...

I decided to do the reboot with Ctrl+A+A rather than to use the reboot button : it worked !

It could probably help someone in the future :wink:

Thanks for your help Keropi.

@++

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
ah... leave it to exotic amiga hardware to behave like that... nice to hear you figured it out!!!

Top Bottom