AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
I have decided to keep this - please close thread.

I am selling my spare PS3 console. It is fully working.

It does not come any leads ( uses a standard pc power lead and hdmi cable which are plentiful and cheap).

The unit is very heavy so please bear this in mind. The fat ones are loud compared to the slim version.

Im asking £50 + postage

I have now fixed the wireless connect and tested it extensively. It connects with the wireless controllers and to the internet wirelessly. It was an easy fix - just a loose connection to the wireless/network card that I clipped back in.

adult image hosting

Last edited:

eddiemot

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Country
Yorkshire
Region
Bradford
I am selling my spare PS3 console. It is fully working.

It does not come any leads ( uses a standard pc power lead and hdmi cable which are plentiful and cheap).

The unit is very heavy so please bear this in mind. The fat ones are loud compared to the slim version.

Im asking £50 + postage

what firmware is it on?

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Country
S
Region
G
Registering interest pending a few questions:

Is this the original PS2 backward compatible version?
Can you post some pictures?

Cheers

John

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
Hi chaps.

I tested the PS3 just now and it works on PS1 games but not on PS2 (see pics)

(I thought it was weird that it worked with PS1 not PS2 so did a factory reset). This has now led to something weird happening.

I played International Superstar Soccer 2 (PS1) and it worked fine. I even created a Memory card slot which saved games etc.

I then tried a few PS2 games (God of war, god of War 2 and Global Defence Force) and it came with the following message.

(uploading pics now...)

upload an image
[img=http://s8.postimg.org/hu9ehphth/20150518_184823.jpg]
image hosting no registration

The following pic shows the error message when trying to load a ps2 game

http://imgur.com/kORQoHO

I tried a factory reset since then i get an error message in the corner

Games work fine but i cant connect to the internet or use the controllers wirelessly

Last edited:

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
All ps3's can play PS1 but not all can play PS2 as far as i'm aware as they lack the emotion engine chip of the PS2
Does you PS3 have card readers built into the front? 4 or 2 usb ports?

If it has card readers and 4 usb fronts i believe they could play PS2. The ones cut down to 2 usb ports and removed the card reader also removed the ability to play PS2 games. That's how i've always known it to be

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
All ps3's can play PS1 but not all can play PS2 as far as i'm aware as they lack the emotion engine chip of the PS2
Does you PS3 have card readers built into the front? 4 or 2 usb ports?

If it has card readers and 4 usb fronts i believe they could play PS2. The ones cut down to 2 usb ports and removed the card reader also removed the ability to play PS2 games. That's how i've always known it to be

Hi scrappy thanks for clarifying. It has 2 usb ports and so that would explain it. It is a model CECHG03.

I now have another problem. The PS3 was working fine but since I have been fiddling with resetting it and cleaning it, I get an error in the corner. (80010201). The controllers have to be now connected with a usb cable, the unit does not connect wirelessly to the internet (not tried wired yet).

This chap in the following video seems to have the same problem and fixed it. Is this something you have come accross before? Its very strange that its happened all of a sudden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x89uTARqjQA

I will probably have to withdraw the sale unless someone wants to offer me something for it.

Last edited:

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
Hi sorry, i've not seen many error's and wouldn't even begin to know where to start.

A quick google brought up this thread on the PS forum but not sure if it will help

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/Help-80010201-error/td-p/3579312

Thanks buddy for the link. Sounds like similiar to whats happended to mine. The other chaps done an update whereas I reset everything and wiped everything and this crap happened:picard

Apparently you can update the firmware without connecting to the internet. I will have to look into this as they must have a patch for this kind of thing.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
I would be quite happy to take it off your hands as is at a reduced sale price.

:)

Last edited:

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
Registering interest pending a few questions:

Is this the original PS2 backward compatible version?
Can you post some pictures?

Cheers

John

Hi just to update the thread.

I have managed to fix the issue. I just followed this youtube tutorial - quite easy. Was just a loose connection to the network card.

I have the following order of interest

Skilgannon
TheCorfiot
user-offline.png

I have also added some pics of the unit.
There is a slight dint in the right hand corner otherwise in good condition with some scratches to the top shiny lid

user-offline.png

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
Please close thread. I have decided to keep this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom