Playstation thumb......

asm1

AmiBayer
Country
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I know I know its trivial :LOL: but I have hit the playstation hard today, got a new game.. which is OK and fun to play, but movement of my character requires use of the left analogue stick.

Doing ok, progress wise but repeated use over the day has left me with a red and swollen left thumb... yes the dreaded "Playstation thumb".... it hasn't blistered (yet) but is Funking sore if I touch anything :censored: :censored::censored::censored:

Now it may just be I am not used to the Playstation (I don't play for a while and then I'll get a game and start up again) but fook it hurts :cry::wooha::pissed::censored:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
:LOL: The old gamers joypad thumb!

Never had the problem myself, and have played extensively on Playstation pads. Not so much recently though as I tend to play mostly PC games these days, although I do use an Xbox 360 controller with the PC, which I think is a better controller; it borrows the best elements from the old Dreamcast controller, and improves others. The analogue sticks are especially nice to use, with a bit of resistance, but not too much (not like the old N64 horrible floppy sticks with no resistance).

But I do still like the Playstation pads. But they definitely take their toll on your thumb more than the 360 pads do. PS pads are best for beat 'em ups, and 360 pads best for racing games.

asm1

AmiBayer
Country
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
:LOL: The old gamers joypad thumb!

Never had the problem myself, and have played extensively on Playstation pads. Not so much recently though as I tend to play mostly PC games these days, although I do use an Xbox 360 controller with the PC, which I think is a better controller; it borrows the best elements from the old Dreamcast controller, and improves others. The analogue sticks are especially nice to use, with a bit of resistance, but not too much (not like the old N64 horrible floppy sticks with no resistance).

But I do still like the Playstation pads. But they definitely take their toll on your thumb more than the 360 pads do. PS pads are best for beat 'em ups, and 360 pads best for racing games.

Yeah *sigh* The PS3 pads aren't bad but I'm not generally a fan of gamepads. I do however have an Xbox 360 wired controller which I use to test repaired RROD machines... I wonder if I could use that on the PS3.... bet it wouldn't like it :LOL:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
my mrs played fight night round 4 on the 360 2 days ago and is now complaining of xbox thumb, she wondered if you'd like an exchange? :LOL:

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Never had that with a proper pad, but I also have a PSP phat. Now holding that for a long while makes both my hands go numb hehe :( old age?

Station240

AmiBayer
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
Ah memories, I got N64 thumb playing ocarina of time and running around with Link while slowly reducing plastic inside the controller to dust. Lucky I figured out I could fix it by putting a thin coat of 2 part epoxy bog around the ball part of the stick, filing it smooth and reassembling.

I also managed to get tennis elbow from using my mouse at work and at home for 10 hours a day.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
None of this surely compares to the number of injuries that Wii games must have suffered to date. I can imagine long term games suddenly playing games that are asking them to use parts of their badies that have laid dorment for years doing quite bad injuries to themselves! :LOL:

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
None of this surely compares to the number of injuries that Wii games must have suffered to date. I can imagine long term games suddenly playing games that are asking them to use parts of their badies that have laid dorment for years doing quite bad injuries to themselves! :LOL:

Yes, I understand you can get so tired playing with the bowling balls at times :woot:

asm1

AmiBayer
Country
Glasgow, Scotland, UK

Or when they are jumping about in front of their uber 50" telly and impale it with their wii-mote because they have forgotten to use the damned strap :( :LOL: :nuts:

Top Bottom