Not open for further replies.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
And posters.

Some recent pics are not NSFW, but close... And as a consultant sitting in an open office landscape, I'd like a heads up which threads are safe and which are not.

Please?

Sorry to be a party pooper, party break - or what not. But I'd like to surf the site without my customer freaking out :)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Re: Please mods :)

i completely understand what arnljot is saying here, and so again i return to my "adult" section, the term adult is wrong maybe something more like "risqué section" ;o)

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce

With a warning message before saying something like "enter at your own risk", "only if you're completely insane" and stuff like that ;)

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Absolutely, or just a "NSFW" to prefix the title of the thread? :)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

many threads have started on here completely clean and innocent enough to show to your gran, the trouble is the threads sometimes grow and take a life of their own, becoming not so innocent and clean :twisted:

i may be a little guilty of this myself *cough*

cheers, JuvUK

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

and I would fuel the flame if I was not at work :twisted:

But my question is rather: Could it be a moderator task to prefix threads with "NSFW"? Or is it too much for them to handle?

And is surfing "general chat" and "amirant" something one does at ones own peril?

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

OK....

If it's likely to be NSFW or possibly offensive to others, then I would say that it probably shouldn't be posted on here; there are plenty of other forums that you can post that sort of image at.

The "office monitor" test is a good one; if you feel that you wouldn't want to see that image on your monitor at work, then don't post it, simple.........banter is one thing, images are quite another and some images are best viewed in your head....

I think that's clarified things sufficiently.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Just one point Arnljot.......

We are NOT responsible for what you look at on AmiBay when you are in work.

Perhaps you should consider refraining from AmiBay use whilst in work or at least just stay to the known safer zones whilst surfing in work. Some tits here & there should be a refreshing change, surely!?

@ JuvUK

Glad to see you openly admit to your "Anti-Granny" Thread Bashing antics. - Just wouldn't be the same any other way tbh! :LOL:

Kin

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

@Kin

Hm, I agree that tits are refreshing. And in a humorous contex even more so.

But I feel like a dickhead now, because of this. I am confined to surfing classified adds only here as it stands now.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Just remember how much fun you have to look forward to when getting home.
& just to quote:

You can rub it hard as long as you like m8! - PMSL!! :LOL: :LOL:

Kin

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

@ arnljot

I didn't think that looking at Amiga hardware pr0n pictures would cause so much offence in an office these days.......

:roll: :LOL:

Seriously, I am taking this up with the moderator team as the boundaries of acceptability may be being tested...

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

OK, just for arnljot, look at pair of the tits on.........
:wink: :mrgreen:
[attachment=0:2wy6d7eq]tot.jpg[/attachment:2wy6d7eq]

:LOL:

Attachments

• tot.jpg
    tot.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

Some recent pics are not NSFW, but close... And as a consultant sitting in an open office landscape
I agree and some users may be sitting in the front room with kids around too.

banter is one thing, images are quite another and some images are best viewed in your head....
Couldn't have put it better myself.

IMO we do have to think of others when posting - even if it does curtail our fun at times.

T_Hairy_Bootson

Workbitch 1.3
Country
Australia
Region
Melbourne

NSFW stuff is all over the net, why do we need it here too?

I like a good laugh as much as the next guy but if NSFW pics are going to exclude people from enjoying the whole forum, is that what we really want?

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

i have no probs with any of the above, so what's the plan? i have noticed there is more traffic through the site when a *ahem* "fun" topic arrives, so we need a balance between fun and offensive or uncomfortable, there is no way a mod is going to have the time or the interest to edit all the thread titles.
so where do we go from here? i freely admit that sometimes i can post the odd shocker, but i have NEVER intentionally posted anything that i think could offend someone. having said that, i think the way to keep everyone happy is a separate area within amiBayers, that just has a title such as "enter at your own risk" of course all the usual moderation should still be enforced, no swearing, bullying, racism, nudity etc. i think that this way there can be no accidental viewing of images etc, and yet it will be still a family friendly site. whadda ya tink?

cheers, you local friendly, innocent, inoffensive and charming, JuvUK :p

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

@Juv / Tufty

Just a long rewording for requesting an OT Stupidity area again isn't it :wink:

It's not going to Happen, Our OT area on Amibay is called General Chat.

TC 8)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

NSFW is the same as NSFH.

The only difference is this.

NSFW = you don't have a sense of humour or ur Boss thinks u aint working cos ur Laughing!
NSFH = Un parented kids kicking around or again, you don't have a sense of humour!

Kin

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Just to clarify, I have not been offended by anything on this site. I've enjoyed all of it a lot.

I just got a little red in my face and neck browsing some pics here, as I'm at work for once :) :LOL:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

This thread has caused a serious discussion in the Staff Area Arnljot.
I feel the same as you but don't ever suffer from the red tinges you apparently experience.
Maybe a cold shower before you "view" the site would be your best plan of action! :D

Kin

*edit*

Juv/Tufty. - PMSL!! :LOL:

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Glad to be of trouble :twisted:

--

seriously: I got comments from my customer - "what is that site you are browsing?". I am hired out to a news paper corp, but not a tabloid :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom