Plipbox Parallel Port Arduino Ethernet adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmackey828

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
USA
Region
New York
With all credit given to Lallafa http://lallafa.de/blog/amiga-projects/plipbox/ Awesome job.

He didn't want to make the main PCB that is used to connect the Plipbox to the Amiga's parallel port so I did. For any and all technical question, see the above link.

The Arduino Nano is programmed with the 0.6 firmware. The power plug is 2.1mm center pin for 5 volts center positive. You need to supply your own 5 volt PSU

I am asking $40 plus ship via Paypal.

I have 12 more units tested and ready to go.

I want to thank every one who have supported my project and all the great feedback I've been getting.

DSCF1532-1.jpgDSCF1533-1.jpgDSCF1531-1.jpg

These are the NEW units above, I can't seem to get any more of the Ethernet adapters with the LONG PINS. :(

UPDATE: The US Postal service just increased shipping rates, For a small flat rate box in the US was $5.25 it is now $6.80 and for international it was $25.25 it is now $33.95 for most of the world. These rates are out of my control sadly.

Last edited:

amigean

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Country
Spain
Region
Seville
I am interested, subject to one question: is everything seen in the picture included? (arduino nano+ethernet shield+parallel port adapter) Thanks! (it's late here now, will check again tomorrow from work)

dmackey828

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
USA
Region
New York
Yes, It is a COMPLETE unit already programmed, All you need to do it get the plipbox.device file into the Dev/Networking folder

akdme

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
USA
Region
New Jersey
Interested - Ill take one (and for once, someone in the US! ;) ). I personally was going down the route of making the Raspberry Pi + serial shield, but this works better for me now (no need to go looking for a serial cable!).

dmackey828

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
USA
Region
New York
Rakeim132, That's correct, No 5volt PSU. I guess I should have mentioned that BUT then again it's NOT in the picture.

Last edited:

amigo-mexicano

Making amigos with other Amigas
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Country
Mexico
Region
Mexico City
Interested in the last one. Please quote shipping cost to Mexico.

Thanks!

dmackey828

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
USA
Region
New York
Every one who has paid me already, your packages shipped out this morning. I believe I sent every one the tracking numbers as well.

Thank you for supporting my project.

Sir_Lucas

Rating - 100%
273   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Great piece of hardware. I've got the older version. Would you be making more of them?

Last edited:

Rakeim132

Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Gold Coast
Hello. Seems you have improved the design of the PCB board Lallafa has proposed. This is what I wanted to start but I have no skill in PCB design whatsoever. Haha. Therefore I think I will encourage you and declare interest for the next batch. I'll PM you soon for a deal.

watsonfmly

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
United States
Region
West Virginia
For anyone who has theirs...... do I need to provide 5v to the power port AND 12v to the usb port or is it an either or situation (which is what I guess)

Thanks

dmackey828

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
USA
Region
New York
You only NEED the 5volts to the Power connector, Center POSITIVE and NOTHING is plugged in to the arduino.

- - - Updated - - -

I WILL have more of the Plipbox's as soon as my Nanos and Ethernet shields arrive, About 2 weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom