podscat graphics tablet

Hettle

Country
Italy
Hi
I've got a podscat graphics tablet and want to put it up for sale. The problem is I can't seem to find any amigans who know anything about it. You can find photos of it and more info on eab (same i.d. - posted under marketplace + new photos today) - is it a rarity? Can anyone give me any info about it?
Cheers

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
This looks like those tablets used for autocad back in the years, although i'm not 100% sure.
I have absolutely no clue if it is worth anything.

info i found for you:

The Podscat PT3030 is an input device used with small personal computers and is similar in function to a mouse or
scanner. The unit has a built in single chip computer which can emulate other well known digitizers (i.e. Summa, GTCO, Hitachi etc.). The digitizer has a surface area of 12 inches by 12 inches and possesses a cursor with a crosshair sight. The manufacturer's literature also shows that the digitizer contains an emulation mode and configuration menu which allows tablet top selections, plus a built in eeprom which allows custom configuration to be stored.

The article in question also possess a replaceable template that contains a menu which would allow the user to run AUTO CADD, a popular type of computer assisted design and drafting program. The template may be removed and replaced by other menus or the unit may be operated as a drawing board without a template. The article will be shipped with a tablet, cursor, cable, power adapter, user's manual and a template.

The user's reference manual states that the tablet uses electro-magnetic proximity sensing technology. This technology uses an electromagnetic field which allows for a higher degree of accuracy than that used on other digitizers (i.e. mechanical and mechanical/optical digitizers). It works by the use of a microprocessor in the tablet that senses the cursor's location as it is moved over the surface of the tablet. The microprocessor then calculates the x and y coordinates of the cursor and sends them, as well as the status of the buttons, to the communications port in the output format determined by the tablets current emulation mode. This enables the digitizer to transmit absolute position, which allows for greater precision because it enables the user to position the cursor in an exact location on the screen before beginning to draw. Lastly, the tablet is also able to detect the cursor's movement up to 1/2 inch above the surface of the active area.

Judging by an unsold german ebay auction: http://cgi.ebay.de/Digitizer-Tablett-Podscat-PT-3030-/250596927738
it is worth about a pack of rice :p

Then again, someone really looking for this will find it nice and dandy you got it complete, so you will still be able to sell it for something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom