Poll: Does AmiBay need a spell checker....??

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Don't take this too seriously, OK? It's just that there have been a few mis-spellings on the site in the last day or two that have been hilarious!!

Like this one, from Kinnie:-

What's Goole got to do with it?
(cue Tina Turner....)

So, does AmiBay need a smell checker, to make sure that wee smell our worms properly when wee post on hear?

Muzer

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Hampshire
Just use a browser that already has a spell-checker, like Opera ;)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
For me it would be a nice feature, I would be able to write with less mistakes, but there is no fun in using a forum, because it would take to long to create a message.

I never realised firefox had a spell checker, I can barely see the underlining. Maybe I need glasses:bowdown:

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
You've got one for us foreigners that would correct us in whole sentences? :LOL:

If not, leave it as it is, my Firefox is trying very hard to cover my mistakes... :roll:

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
I never realised firefox had a spell checker, I can barely see the underlining. Maybe I need glasses:bowdown:

Hold down the left CTRL key and press + to enlarge on-screen text or press - to make it smaller. Pressing 0 will reset to the default font size. Firefox should remember the font size when you leave the site and come back :)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I increased the size, probably did not notice the future, because it underlines everything in Dutch!:D Will have a look for a plugin.:)

The nicest one I got for a job yesterday in dutch:

Dear mr van den bossche,

I would like to apply for the job as project leader (would have been ok)

But he typed:

I would like to apply for the job as project sufferer :unsure: uuh:wooha: (because of some letters wrong)

They guy did not manage the language, but was ok, had a nice chat with him, because dutch was not needed.

My college advised to throw him in the bin, I understood it was not native language, turned out the client is going for an interview.

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ jvdbossc

I don't know if you've ever led or managed a project, but for me, that second description of "project sufferer" sums it all up for me.......:LOL:

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
@ jvdbossc: i wanna be a sufferer too, i like to suffer the beta software as much as I can... and Vista was great when they released it! :ninja:

:whistle:

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Yup, but it was not humor, it was a mistake :)

You do not send it to somebody who is hiring:D

But I have a special view on my job, so yes understand that managing a project is not fun :blink: If I do an interview I ask to the candidate what he is expecting from the conversation, :) this method works quite well, since you get all kinds of stress away.:) But somethimes they totally lose it, since not expecting that they can participate(y) ooh I do not pose that question with woman or other orientations..

I nevered managed an IT project, being a system engineer and managing the helpdesk under it was enough for me:whistle:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
:blink: If I do an interview I ask to the candidate what he is expecting from the conversation, :) this method works quite well, since you get all kinds of stress away.:) But somethimes they totally lose it, since not expecting that they can participate(y) ooh I do not pose that question with woman or other orientations..

Have you ever seen the film Blade Runner? You aren't the Harrison Ford character from the film that interviews replicants, are you.....:wooha:?

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Merlin,

Probably seen it, without much looking at it, not my taste.

From a commercial point: make a difference, don't sell the same sh***, this means do right, but also do it another way.

Money means in my business a freelancer who is going to call hey I want a new project ..

I know they remember me long enough(y) And I can be myself all day..(y)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Don't take this too seriously, OK? It's just that there have been a few mis-spellings on the site in the last day or two that have been hilarious!!

Like this one, from Kinnie:-

What's Goole got to do with it?
(cue Tina Turner....)

So, does AmiBay need a smell checker, to make sure that wee smell our worms properly when wee post on hear?

It's a typo Merlin. - Meaning I didn't press the key hard enough. :cool:

Some of the more serious spelling mistakes are when you see Granddad, but then maybe the guy actually got a double d because the d registered twice?

Don't think we need a spell checker though, not with "Google" just a click away. :p

....Unless of course, one can be introduced into VB so it corrects as you type. Now that would be really cool. :nod:

Kin

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I voted for "No". The reason?

'Cause it will spoil the fun. :)

Merlin