Post count rankings: What do you want?

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
So, some concern has been raised over the "Elite ratings" we use to show the most prevalent posters. Some of the ratings ('poor' and 'dangerous') may give the wrong impression to possible Amibayers who are looking to trade and don't understand the Elite ratings. However, it'd be a shame to lose the system entirely...

So, it's over to you guys. What would be an appropriate set of ratings for post counts? Please feel free to make suggestions on this thread and we can have a poll for which is your favourite. Your rating system needs to include ten levels of progression. Ideally we're looking for something that's retro-computing-themed. Get your thinking caps on, folks!

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
i don't think the post count works, i've posted loads but have traded very little (well i have traded more but my feedback from the old site doesn't exist, and you didn't bother to leave me any for the SCSI card:p)

number of posts does not mean honest and reliable trader.

I think feedback should say it all (well i would if i had any feedback)

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
number of posts does not mean honest and reliable trader.

I think feedback should say it all (well i would if i had any feedback)

@Juvvie

I agree with you in that the number of posts doesn't really mean anything else other than you post a lot - this isn't aimed at you personally or anyone else for that matter.

For trading purposes - feedback is the way to go and recommendations from other users as well.

To be honest I don't take any notice of the 'Elite Rating' - in fact I didn't even realise that I could change it. Have to think of something to change it to now :D

Dave G :cool:

Last edited:

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I never check these elite ratings too.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
well if we look at a new *default* naming theme... hmmm what could it be?

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Zetr0

How about......

Amiga Models :readit:

Kin

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
@ Zetr0

How about......

Kin

I had thought something similar, but I'm wary of alienating the non-Amiga members of the community. Besides, we'd have Dreamy arguing that A3000 should be ranked higher than A4000 :)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
how about we all get together and have one big fight, as you get defeated you get given a rank until we have the last man/woman standing who becomes the supreme being?

yes i know it's a stupid idea but it sounds as good as the rest of the ideas i've heard so far

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Zetr0

How about......

Kin

I had thought something similar, but I'm wary of alienating the non-Amiga members of the community. Besides, we'd have Dreamy arguing that A3000 should be ranked higher than A4000 :)

Just done entirely on Release dates through C='s History.

Starting with A1000, A500, A500+ etc right up to the A4000T. Top banana could be the A5000T (AAA chipset) for example. (y)

how about we all get together and have one big fight, as you get defeated you get given a rank until we have the last man/woman standing who becomes the supreme being?

yes i know it's a stupid idea but it sounds as good as the rest of the ideas i've heard so far

Another idea would be to remove it entirely, ....if only to save the verbal diarrhea. :LOL:

Kin

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
@ Zetr0

How about......

Kin

Just done entirely on Release dates through C='s History.

Starting with A1000, A500, A500+ etc right up to the A4000T. Top banana could be the A5000T (AAA chipset) for example. (y)

Kin

released by date by Commodore? A5000T AAA chipset? really? are you sure?

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
AAA chipset was in development when C= went bang. A5000 would just be logical. (y)

Kin

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Guys, we need to think outside of the Amiga only world as the site is for everyone in the retro world looking to trade, not just the Amiga one. If we use something like Amiga models it will only make the site look even more Amiga centred.

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
I Like the generic ones I've seen in other places

Just getting the hang of it
I need a break
RSI candidate

etc

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I quite like the RCM convention of using computer models starting with the ZX80 and moving up in date order to the Dreamcast (I think).

It doesn't have to be the exact same, of course, we could use our own favorites.

I'd personally be happy if it included a Vectrex, a1200 and a Spectum 48k. :)

I did have another thought, maybe basing the ranking on the RRP of the computer when it was first released? Starting with the cheapest all the way to the most expensive.

Last edited:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
How about

n00b
Post Wh0re
P0st Addict