Post office saving up my parcels again!!!!

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Damn them :mad:

They do this every few months (usually when I've bought a lot at one time)

Anything sent to me 2nd Class, Airmail(without priority) or Standard Parcels sits at my local depot/sorting office for up to 2 weeks before I get the delivery or a card telling me I missed the delivery!

I know they have at least 3 things sitting in the deport for me now, it sucks that I just can't go up there and get it. I rang them yesterday and asked if I could pop up if they have anything but I can only collect if I've had a card. :Doh:

Guess I should count myself lucky I get first class post on time, but it sucks that any bulky items get this delay :(

Rant over :whistle:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Fitzsteve

The Royal Fail, Parcelfarce and British Gas have a secret commando unit that hides in the hedge opposite your house, watching through binoculars.

You might only go to the gate to put the bin out, but with SAS, ninja-like precision, they manage to get a "Sorry, you weren't in when we called" card through your letterbox, before you get back to the front door.

The same unit manages to dig :censored: great holes in the road overnight, yet nobody heard a thing....:blink:

I suggest that you go out shopping and you'll comeback to a snowstorm of "Sorry, you weren't in when we called" cards....

:LOL:

Marc

Country
UK
Region
Essex
Yup, the post office only ever deliver parcels when you are out. I read it in their T+Cs once.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@Steve,

Go to your deopt with proof of id and (which you wont need) a telephone or utlility bill thats at your address.

The proof of ID should be more than enough.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
@Steve,

Go to your deopt with proof of id and (which you wont need) a telephone or utlility bill thats at your address.

The proof of ID should be more than enough.

Yeah but they claim not to have anything there, which I know is BS since I've tracked a parcel sent from Portugal and its been in the UK for a week and its EU so shouldn't be at customs.

When I come into Power I'm going to sack them all :nod:

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
in the worse case you can approach the CAB (Citizens Advice Buero) and use their help to put in an official complaint - backed up with a legal recourse.

that might shift that butts.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
in the worse case you can approach the CAB (Citizens Advice Buero) and use their help to put in an official complaint - backed up with a legal recourse.

I think if it continues I might have to kick some butts mate ;)

Fingers crossed for the card when I get home today.

I'm waiting on:

AmigaManiac S Video Adapter (2 weeks ago from USA)
Z3 Fastlane & Tocotta Soundcard (10 Days ago from Portugal)*this was sent priority!*
2x 4GB CF Cards from different sellers (10 days & 5 days in UK) Both claim to have been sent within 2 working days (I odered the 2nd as the first hasn't arrived as I'm doing an install for a friend so I'm pretty peeved)
Wifi Dongle from here (7 or 8 days ago days in UK)

I'd love to have all these toys over the weekend!!! :cool:

Marc

Country
UK
Region
Essex

I think if it continues I might have to kick some butts mate ;)

Fingers crossed for the card when I get home today.

I'm waiting on:

AmigaManiac S Video Adapter (2 weeks ago from USA)
Z3 Fastlane & Tocotta Soundcard (10 Days ago from Portugal)*this was sent priority!*
2x 4GB CF Cards from different sellers (10 days & 5 days in UK) Both claim to have been sent within 2 working days (I odered the 2nd as the first hasn't arrived as I'm doing an install for a friend so I'm pretty peeved)
Wifi Dongle from here (7 or 8 days ago days in UK)

I'd love to have all these toys over the weekend!!! :cool:

Im going to camp in your front garden and accept delivery of these and your newly acquired blizPPC :p

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
"Hi, I'm Fitzsteve, and so's my wife...."

:rofl3

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I've trained my pet Spider Fred, to look out for Fitzsteve impersonators and eliminate them on sight, so beware :flamethrower: :boxer:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I've trained my pet Spider Fred, to look out for Fitzsteve impersonators and eliminate them on sight, so beware :flamethrower: :boxer:

We can always swap the house numbers around, during the night....:mrgreen:

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
That takes the Michael if im honest, I do need I.D. when I collect stuff which is fair but even when I dont get a card they generally look anyway just incase. Best to report them though I would not have a clue who to...

commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
Okay, I can kind of understand delivery being delayed, but you can't just walk in and pick up your packages? Oy.

Station240

AmiBayer
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
Damn them :mad:

They do this every few months (usually when I've bought a lot at one time)

Anything sent to me 2nd Class, Airmail(without priority) or Standard Parcels sits at my local depot/sorting office for up to 2 weeks before I get the delivery or a card telling me I missed the delivery!

Roughly translated, they didn't attempt to deliver it at all the first time. But two weeks later they try again and choose a time when your in the shower, on the phone, taking a dump or the garbage truck goes by.

Take revenge, slowly mail yourself enough housebricks to build a small wall, and don't even bother wrapping them. Like to see them save that lot up.

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Potteries
steve you could always use my address if you want ;)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Thanks for all the support guys - I feel much better now :D

@Cosmicfrog - nice try ;)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
That would only apply to postage that has a guaranteed delivery date and time, such as special delivery. All other mail has a clause that states the Post Office will try its best to get the item to you within the specified time scales, but can not guarantee this.

In addition, it is not possible to just turn up at a delivery office with proof of ID and expect them to locate and hand over any mail waiting for you. Post offices don't hold mail like this to easily search though. Letter mail arrives generally walk sorted these days in areas that are supplied by an upgrade distribution centre, whereby the mail will be in delivery order ready. However parcels cannot be pre-walk sorted in this manor and so the delivering Postman needs to manually sort all parcels at the office into his route on the morning they arrive at the office.

I do not however have an answer for why your parcels are being delayed and arriving all together. That should not happen unless they are arriving from over seas, then they could be held by customs for investigation for up to 6 weeks.

Are they generally delivered by Royal Mail, by your postman, or via Parcel Force? The 2 have the same parent company, Royal Mail Group, but are separate entities in themselves. I only have inside working knowledge of Royal Mail distribution centres.

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
That would only apply to postage that has a guaranteed delivery date and time, such as special delivery. All other mail has a clause that states the Post Office will try its best to get the item to you within the specified time scales, but can not guarantee this.

Not so according to the post office website, it's for ALL mail - see attached pic

@Fitzsteve

My advice would be to start one heck of a stink with the postmaster at the sorting office first. If no joy there, ask for his/her superior and go above them. Make it clear that you will not stand for the poor level of service from the post office and that you will persue this matter to the Postmaster General if necessary.

I suspect you'll soon get your regular deliveries of parcels once again.

Attachments

• capture_03092010_164518.jpg
    capture_03092010_164518.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
@Harrison

Its larger parcels that are being delivered by the post office (like standard parcel service), sometimes parcels sent over a two week period all arrive on the same day at the end of that period, it just seems the larger stuff.

Small packets are delivered with the letter post as normal :)

They've probably got a back log with the bank holiday. Hopefully they show up tomorrow....

One of my CF's arrived today so I can get on with that work and surprisingly a SCSI-IDE adapter from France that I ordered earlier in the week arrived but that was sent 'priority' again, smaller stuff... :cool:

Steve.

Top Bottom