Postage to Italy

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I've got to post an A1200 to Italy and wondered what the most secure way would be? I'm currently thinking of using parcels2go.com but wondered if anyone had other suggestions?

I've been hearing how a lot of things have been going missing or damaged when posted to Italy recently, so am worried about getting this to its destination.

Also what is best to put on the customs description for the A1200? "Computer components", or something else?

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi Harrison,

I just sent an Elbox Tower to Italy by DHL via Parcel2go, as well as wraping the Tower in Bubble wrap I even wrapped the box in bubble wrap to make sure of a safe trip. The package arrived in 3-4 days and although externally the box and chassis was fine something broke off inside the tower and damaged the motherboard.

I suggest therefore that you protect the inside of the contents as much as possible, you shoud be ok with an A1200 but dont leave aything loose inside like a hard drive that could become seperated in transit.

'Computer' will be fine for description, thats what I put.

Steve.

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
Since you're posting within the EU you shouldn't have got anything to do with customs. Besides that, I usually describe my stuff as "computer parts".

And the safest way to ship things to Italy is to bring it yourself. You just can't trust any Italian postal company ;).

(Note: I've got nothing against Italians, but their local postal system plainly sucks. Big time.)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Sadly I don't have that option, or I would take it myself as hand luggage! :LOL:

And thanks Steve. I will definitely be packing it very well with a lot of bubblewrap and rigid cardboard just to be safe. I've also been using DHL via Parcels2go for some time with no problems and a very good and quick service, so I might give that a good. Just a bit worrying, after taking ages to set the A1200 up for a friend that it could get damaged in transit or lost.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Insure and track the parcel, then hope for the best.

Top Bottom