Status
Not open for further replies.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Im posting this from iBrowse. Using my own original iBrowse key, from my own original OS3.1 install.

Running with MagellanII using my own original magellan lisence key.

How is this possible you ask?

Well, thanks to (y) my own forsight I now even know to the day when I stopped using Amiga. 1st of june 1999.

Thats when I packed down my original A4000 and burned myself a backup of both my sys and work partition.

Now, almost a decade later Im booting those partitions from UAE using my laptop.

I swear to you, its uncanning.

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: Posting from iBrowse

Wow, I was wrong!!! :inlove:

I found an even older backup of my system from october 26th of 1999.

Its smoother and sweeter!! yay! I was an Amiga owner almost 6 months more at least than I thought. Maybe I quit in 2000? Can I find an even older backup....

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

THIS BACKUP EVEN HAS MY UAE 0.8.6 elf file!!!

AWESOME!!!

Sorry for shouting, but Im quite excited atm!!!!

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

LMAO!!!!

looks like your on a journey of self discovery there my friend!

Last edited by a moderator:

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

QUOTE of Arnljot of 1996:
My job must be something I really like, like computers, and using them to communicate with people all over the world. An alternative would be to find a job that paid of well so that I could spend a lot of money on computers.

--- SNIP END ---

And then another quote:
Now I've said a lot without really saying anything, but that is partly due to the fact that I don't know what I'll be doing next year - I have no ideas what to do with my future, only hopes that I've got one and that I'll be comfortable.

--- SNIP END ---

PMSL!!!!

Now, the essay was written in 1996 in FinalWriter. And its one page. The rest is too embarresing to quote. But Im laughing hard and long here. I have folders and folders here of old school texts and other papers I wrote for my school work. Even an exam paper dated 12.dec.94... Thats too scary to open.

There analisys Ive done on economic history, stories Ive written.

I need to crack open a bottle of chablis before I dare open those texts.

I even have all my email correspondence since I got mail when I started highschool. Thats back in 1993.

What was that text console I used on DOS? Pandora? And then there is my YAM mail box from later.

Also there are "gaming" CVs I wrote from my days when we were "gaming" with dices and a DM (dungeon master).

Old java code........ OMG :woot:

This is wierding me out!!!

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Early 90s Arnljot I think said:
BOYS ARE UNFIT TO WORK AS AU PAIRS!

Are they? Surly they must be, why are most, if not all, au pairs girls? Because girls are the sex which one day will become a mother; and therefore have all the instincts of how to; treat a child, cook, clean the house, kiss bad knees good.

Bullshit!

Boys are not hopeless as au pairs, boys can of course make dinner, clean the house and take care of children; if they are taught to. That is why there are a vast majority of female au pairs, because so far the equalization between the sexes have meant getting women into mens jobs, in other words; feminism object have been to make women think like men.

But now this is about to change, men claims custody when marriages brakes, and parents starts to give boys chores in the kitchen as well as in the garden. Basicly boys and girls are equally fit as au pairs, but some are 'more equal' than other; that is due to what they've learnt at home (as I've said before). My sister for example is hopeless in the kitchen, but both me and my father are experts. But with little kids my sister is the number one, but if the kids are older, I'll manage fine.

But being capable of this isn't the same thing as being fit for the job, I for instance would not work as an au pair; it's not in my interest. And most boys would agree with me because while our sisters have been baby sitting to get pocket money, we've been bringing papers and mowing lawns. So the au pair 'profession' is like all other 'social-care' professions, the women are in majority because men have other interests, not because they're unfit.

Girls main values when they shall do something is that they must like it, boys like it if it's good paid. Au pair positions isn’t. So my conclusion is: Boys can be just as good au pairs as girls, just as long as they've had parents who doesn't discriminate sexes.

Now, I think this is my doing. Why I wrote it I have no idea. But it seems I delivered it in for an english lesson. I've left in all the original spelling mistakes'n'all.

Also, with size 3 font as header:
BAD ESSAY

And again with size 3 font as footer:
ACTUALLY A VERY BAD ESSAY

The file was called "Drit", which translates to "sh*t" or "cr*p" :) LOL

Ahh, yes - these cds are a treassure trove.

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Okay, Im posting from ibrowse again.

This time from my Amiga4000, PicassoIV, Cyberstorm060mk2,Xsurf3cc.

Its running AmiKit159 and MiamiDeluxe. Good fun!

A bit slow, slower than I remembered it to be, but I guess whats cute eyecandy under WinUAE in AmiKit is bloat on a real Amiga...

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Can I just say this....

If you are a Registered user of any Amiga Program, if you put the Registration key in the relevant place for any AMIGA based program, it will & should be fully functional under any Emulator. :)

Hardware Dongles are another matter. (y)

Kin

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I know.

But I do have a problem with my Miami Dx keys. They are original keys which I paid for back in the day.

When I put them in the Miami directory, Miami loads them and displays my name and address of the time. But the code crashes and is trapped.

Does anyone else have this problem?

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
And again with size 3 font as footer:
ACTUALLY A VERY BAD ESSAY

I'm very happy my stuff from school are long been erased. But I fear one day when I for the second time digitalize the c64 discs I have at my parents home that some of my childhood fun comes back to life.

Like the game "Kåte Kay og Vigdis" that I wrote for the c64 in probably third or forth grade where the goal, in pure character-graphics, was to get laid. That I even knew what that was at that age back in those days mean that those times wasn't as innocent as we want it to sound when talking about how todays society is. Or I was a slightly corrupted despite my very healthy and very religious childhood. ;)

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
LOL, well. I can laugh at this :)

Especially when I have my GRex amiga online with a PCI nic and a Voodoo3000 rock stable!

That extra spot cooler on the backside of it has done wonders for it!

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
I know.

But I do have a problem with my Miami Dx keys. They are original keys which I paid for back in the day.

When I put them in the Miami directory, Miami loads them and displays my name and address of the time. But the code crashes and is trapped.

Does anyone else have this problem?

You're gunno love this....

/....Kin puts on thick lensed professor spectacles & whilst leaning towards Arnljot, asks....

"What code"?

Kin

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
You're gunno love this....

/....Kin puts on thick lensed professor spectacles & whilst leaning towards Arnljot, asks....

"What code"?

Kin

LOL

When I get home I'll quote the GURU box to you.. ;-)

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
When I get home I'll quote the GURU box to you.. ;-)

No need, I figured it out.

I did use my Miami.key1 and Miami.key2, but no my MiamiDx.key.

It's not a bi-set, it's a ménage à trois set.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
3 Keys always stops most problems with Miami Registration & some loose bugs within the program.

I just wanted to see ur code. :p

Kin

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
It is quite shocking and scary seeing some of your work from years ago. Often we remember it with rose tinted glasses, creating some works of art, or literary masterpieces, but then re-discover them years later and realise what a complete load of **** they actually were.

I often discover old essays when digging through old Amiga HDDs or some old art or design work from university of college when going through old portfolios and wondering how I ever thought it was the best work I had ever done. Oh well, we live and learn, and hopefully get better.

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Hehe, well. My essay writing days is over. At work it's only documentation and design documents on confluence wikis, or recently tutorials on amiga hardware and software here on amibay.

I just reread my tutorial from last night, and it's full of small gramatical errors and spelling mistakes. Argh... can't be bothered to edit it just now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom