ohmy...

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
I take that's a C64C brick.

I'm currently trying to get that resin blob out so that I could replace it with a new VAC transformer and a more reliable DC circuit.

Matt3o

Country
Italy
Region
Florence
actually it's an A1200 powerbrick (even though the writings say A600).

I was able to remove the resin (it was tough). Now let's see if I can fit a decent PSU

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Any good tips on removing the resin? I take some whacking is involved?

Paul

Country
UK
Region
Croydon
I have two of them, they both say A600 but I'm 100% positive they came with two A1200.

The moment I saw it I thought A1200. The A600 were more "Commodore like" and bigger.

demolition

AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
I have two of them, they both say A600 but I'm 100% positive they came with two A1200.

The moment I saw it I thought A1200. The A600 were more "Commodore like" and bigger.
I have one exactly like this one and it came with an A600. Like with most other things Commodore, they probably took whatever they could get their hands on just to ship stuff out the door.

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
I remember my friend had an A500 1.2 and I wanted one so badly (Menace ,F18 Interceptor & Deluxe Paint) his games looked so much better than my C64 :)

I remember his PSU was as heavy if not heavier than my C64 brick.

a few months later begging and working my butt off I had enough for my own A500,,,

it was a 1.3 but my psu was light as a feather, when I turned my amiga off there was a slight whistle that dropped in tone.. a week or so later my amiga broke, or so i thought,, turn out the 2-3 seconds power cycle killed a fuse inside the psu, i'm supposed to wait 10 secs, seemed strange to me at the time but from that point I always waited until the whistle had gone before powering back on.

Top Bottom