Prelude Z2

Marmes

AmiBayer
Country
Portugal
Region
Amadora
Hi!
I managed to make the prelude PCB design . I think it's one of the most interesting sound cards on Amiga. Is there any interest in reproducing this?

hese

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
Savo
Sure but are you talking about just the PCB or entire card including the CPLDs?

matt3k

Blogger
Country
United States
Region
NY
My humble suggestion is to include the mpegit and over clock the board for better response and performance...

I would be in line to purchase a card like this...

dw0ntU5m3

Country
US
Region
Michigan
I would buy one of these as well, even more so if you could include Mpegit and for that matter include a real midi synthesizer.

Marmes

AmiBayer
Country
Portugal
Region
Amadora
The code for CPLDs is available, I designed the pcb again.

prelude.jpg

There are still some tweaks to do, the next step would be using a single and larger cpld, smd components and reduce the size of the board , due to pcb price.

Last edited:

dw0ntU5m3

Country
US
Region
Michigan
The code for CPLDs is available, I designed the pcb again.

View attachment 89828

There are still some tweaks to do, the next step would be using a single and larger cpld, smd components and reduce the size of the board , due to pcb price.

What would be kickin rad would be to make it half size so it could fit inline with a PCI slot, also put the audio out as the standard header like you would find on a PC board for front panel audio. And include CD audio style headers so you could route the Mixer-Out to A4000 CD-Audio in on the motherboard.

Last edited:

jack-3d

kLik me
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Brno
Absolutely agree with dw0ntU5m3

But first great think would be to include mpegit on board. I would be interested in two of those, even when I have SB128 in PCI, I would exchange it to new Prelude ;o)

Peckmore

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Telford, Shropshire
Just wanted to add my name to the list of people who would be massively interested in one of these! :thumbsup2:

Also (and this may be a little pie in the sky) would it be worth, rather than trying to reproduce the mpegit module, to instead provide support (somehow!) for the Prisma Megamix? I don't know if that would even be possible (and my gut instinct is no), but if so it would give the ultimate combination of an AHI soundcard and full hardware decoding for music. As I say, just thinking out loud, and not even for the first version, but maybe something for a future revision once a few have been produced?

Rakeim132

Country
Australia
Region
Gold Coast
... And +1 for the MPEG it module on it. This card is for audiolovers and I can't put my hands on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
This would be very interesting to see more on, I suspect that Marmes has been a tad busy, but it would be nice to see a cheap Z2 sound card / processor on the market =)

ptyerman

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Nottinghamshire
It definitely would be nice to have this available, a proper sound card instead of a pretend card like the Prisma, (if it ever arrives)! :)

Marmes

AmiBayer
Country
Portugal
Region
Amadora
I decided to get back on this. Schematic is being made. As soon as I have I will try to simplify the board with a fpga or a cpld to remove most of the logic around. Main objective is to make a smaller board , therefore making it a bit cheaper.

matt3k

Blogger
Country
United States
Region
NY
I humbly suggest that you identify why the prelude with mpeg it plays mp3's slow. I loose about 35 seconds a song with a fully loaded 3000 with an 060. Another Amiga use tested his prelude on a decked out 4000 with identical results. Such a great card, to bad it has such a major defect.

Marmes

AmiBayer
Country
Portugal
Region
Amadora
Hi!
I never noticed that.
Check my video

I humbly suggest that you identify why the prelude with mpeg it plays mp3's slow. I loose about 35 seconds a song with a fully loaded 3000 with an 060. Another Amiga use tested his prelude on a decked out 4000 with identical results. Such a great card, to bad it has such a major defect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom