Problem with XM1541 Cable

Rambo60

Country
Australia
Region
nsw
I have pentium4 computer with the printer port LPT and two cable one is XA1541 and a XM1541 which I connect to my pc to my 1541 floppy drive before I have setup the xa1541 and it work fine untill the pc power supply pack in and I setup on the other pc which the xa1541 did not work any more I found the led light on the 1541 floppy drive stays on and I try all setting on the pc so I try the xm1541 cable the led on the floppy drive is off but when I try to transfer c64 image file from the cbmxfer software nothing happen no drive found on both cable from pc to 1541 floppy drive.My mother board is a ga-7vt600 and I have two of them and are both working in good order

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
is the drive ok bud?

whats your printer port settings in bios? when i say that though im assuming the machines bios got reset.:)

from what i remember the settings have to be the same as using a willem eprom programmer i think.

i dont use cbmxfer though,i used to use starcommander in dos for this(on a xp machine booted via floppy)...how much difference there is i dont know:)

Last edited:

Rambo60

Country
Australia
Region
nsw
I have found the problem with one of the cable and fix the cable I can transfer from PC to 1541 floppy drive

Top Bottom