Project cars - are we excited ?

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
i have to say I'm looking forward to this ...Due for release very soon on PS4 , PC , Xbox

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 21.25.57.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 21.25.57.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ShambleS1980

Softmodder/Tsoper/Repairer of old xboxes.
AmiBayer
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
Like i keep telling justin, this will never be released and he wasted his money pre-purchacing it.

All jokes aside though, Provided they manage to get the simulation side of it down right i am pretty exited about it "or i should say i will be when they stop pushing the release date further and further back."
however, it does now worry me that they have expanded to console and pc. which would imply they have given up on getting the simulation part 100% perfect, and instead have decided to gloss over it with weather lighting and graphics.

I think it would be reasonably safe to assume that it will simulate in the same manner that forza did, which at the time was pretty good IMO, comparing it to grand turismo for example.
So it could be passable.

I think it has a LOT to do to convince sim fans that it is better than assetto corsa. But i guess it does not need to worry much about that now that it is also aiming for a game that will be multiple cross platform, That should really rake in the money form racing fans in generall, and quite a few of the sim die hards will buy it to compare.
This means a lot of money for the developers which should translate in to contents.. "tracks/cars" and if they manage to get a good selection of cars and a large selection of tracks "properly done to correct spec tracks"
I can see it becoming quite a big thing and assetto corsa would lose quite a few users which would spell disaster.

Its going to be a matter of can assetto corsa get the contents up to the levels that a high income cross platform game can and can this cross platform game manage to eek out enough processing power from the consoles that it can still be a true simulation rather than a difficult arcade racer.

mjnurney

Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
why would moving to console mean they have given up on simulation ? and lets be fair no simulation is 100% perfect ... but i see no reason why current gen consoles cannot be as good a game as the PC version. The consoles are good as all but the newer gaming PCs. Although the PC version will be better of course.

moving to cross platform is the best thing they could do, the PC market is shrinking and the console market is huge. however it will delay things more than likely but i hope not. i just hope its not dumbed down in any way - it doesn't look like it is.

fingers crossed its going to be good. the PS4 previews look great , graphics excellent and presentation is spot on... the previewers seemed to like it hugely.

I've pre ordered it ....which i never do

I bought Elite dangerous on the PC but i don't play it much ....i prefer the big TV and a controller now days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oxD_LDatZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kik4rMEE2G8

Last edited:

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
I just think ShambleS meant that the console crowd are not generally the ones to want 100% realism, and typically want a more arcade like experience. That doesn't mean that Project Cars couldn't carve a market out for themselves doing just that. Proper sim-racing on console. They can always add so many driving assists, that the game plays by itself, like most other games released today :LOL: (Souls series excluded)

mjnurney

Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
true enough , Console stuff can be dumbed down a lot and it does spoil things however they get the console stuff right occasionally...

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
PC market is shrinking? lolololololololol

nope, it is growing faster than it has in years, this is why the software houses are now releasing more for the PC. https://opengamingalliance.org/pres...-expected-to-drive-record-growth-for-pc-games

Project cars is starting to worry me due to all the set backs, i think it will be another Forza or GT game, claims of being a sim but not, Forza claims to be a sim, but it really isn't it is so arcade it is a joke (but i do like Forza)

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
Who said the pc market was shrinking? :)

ShambleS1980

AmiBayer
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
it seems like with the last "physics" update they did and are now pretty set on that as the handling, they abandoned tire models and made the cars a LOT easier to control and drive so average players can set blistering lap times.
This is a big disappointment for me. But i still have some hope that it will at least be a good racer even if it is not a full sim.

i assume they did this to cater more towards the game pad users. and hit a broader audience.
True sim's dont have as much of the sales as fun yet difficult arcade racers.
i will admit at times playing a sim when getting on the throttle a bit early and a bit to hard coming out of the corner = you are now out of contention is a bit frustrating. Particularly when it was close up till then.
So a game where you can spin out on lap 1 but come back and win on the final lap even though no one else span out will appeal to the casual gamer a bit more.

If its like forza 4 with a bit more realistic simulation I will probably be relatively happy to play.
if its like need for speed "which many of the testers seem to say it is now" with purty graphics. i probably wont ever play it at all.

there are plenty of videos on the internet comparing pcars to AC and real life.
and in all of them the pcars player has to drive timidly or they would smash the real time and ac time..
The funny thing is the uploader never chose to disclose that untill questioned about it. which makes the videos portray the game as much more of a simulation than it actually is.
Again i do think this is to cater more towards the console players and gather more sale.

I would like to say that some of the testers are saying it is still a full simulation. but having read the reviews and comments of the people who are defending it. Even when defending the game they do seem to admit it is not a simulation any more even if they dont use those words.

they say things like.
"pcars wants to have lap times the same as the real life times. so they have adjusted this and that to make the cars handle better so this is possible"

i read that as.
"well your avarage gamer does not enjoy being 8 seconds slower than a proffesional irl in a game, so we changed it so you dont have to fight the car and be really good at driving to set the same times as the professionals, the simulation aspect made it to difficult for avarage gamers, so now its much easier because its not a sim any more"

P.s

when i said
"physics"
Please say physics out loud and insert the quotation marks with your fingers in real life so you 100% get the context of what i was saying.

Last edited:

mjnurney

Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
i didn't know they had dropped the tyre modelling simulation , i was reading about that last thinking how good it sounded ....dark clouds are forming here.

Your average player should get nowhere near a professional racing driver and tweaking the game to do so is just cheating. i hope they mean they have tweaked the cars to reflect real lap times thats all..

im not worried yet. it could be good :-(

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

please don't ruin it, it looked so promising i was hoping for an AC beater :(

mjnurney

Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
My PS4 appears to be downloading project cars 3.833GB & PC updates 817mb

and

Limited edition upgrade?
Digital pre order pack...

Juuuuussssssstttttiiinnnnnnnnnn..........

Attachments

• cars.jpg
    cars.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
You got Driveclub Mike? We should race some time :)

As for Project Cars, probably get it on PC...

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
yeah i have it steve , hopeless tho

You or the game lol?

I've not played it in ages, got sidetracked with other games.

I'm going to wait on the fence for project cars :)

mjnurney

Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
i'll let you know tomorrow , it looks good but then so did that steak i just cooked , yuk

ShambleS1980

AmiBayer
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
so is it a sim and is it any good?

the early final release reviews are a bit of a mixed bag in terms of what they say..

but 3 of them had it scoring 70 or better (2 were 70, 1 was 82)
they also seem to say that it blends arcade with simulation but its still a sim...
So i really need trustworthy unbiast opinion(s) as the reviews dont make sense and the fanboys will be out in force come tomorrow lol

Last edited:

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
im the same steve im c**p at AS so probably be the same here

mjnurney

Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
i suck at games , now if they remade 70,80 and early 90s stuff then i would be happy ....things were slower in those days.

milk came in bottles and the shops closed on a sunday.

Noel edmunds was on TV , swapping stuff

my games came on cassette.

mike drifts off....

DonAmiga

AmiBayer
Country
Scotland
Region
Midlothian
I'll wait and see how the reviews are first before buying, hopefully it will be good ;)

Top Bottom