ps3 and ps4 doesn't show using hdmi switch?

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
I got a 4x2 matrix switch. A 22" BenQ 1080p and a 27" NEC 1440p.

The NEC shows ps3, ps4 and my PC screen.
The BenQ however doesn't show the ps3 nor the ps4. but it show the PC screen.

I've switched the outputs, but no dice.

Any idea why it doesn't work? I used the monitor for PS4 before so I know that works without the switches.

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
The solution I chose was to purchase another 27" IPS NEC. 5120x1440 will be nice. I had to upgrade my display card in the process - but it was due time.

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
There can often be problems with HDMI splitting on displays with different capabilities. In this case, perhaps the switch doesn't properly downgrade the EDID info, so one monitor simply can't display the signal.
A possible solution could have been to reconfigure display options on the PS3/4.

Last edited:

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
There can often be problems with HDMI splitting on displays with different capabilities. In this case, perhaps the switch doesn't properly downgrade the EDID info, so one monitor simply can't display the signal.
A possible solution could have been to reconfigure display options on the PS3/4.

was bound to upgrade anyway, however - still a pity it didn't work because i wanted to see how TN was compared to IPS with consoles. with same image split it would have been very easy to see any difference if any.

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
I had the same issue, when I had Raspberry Pi and PS3 connected using an automatic switcher. The problem was the Pi overrunning the PS3 as it was on. Changed to manual mechanical switcher, no more problems.

Top Bottom