Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hey There!

I've got a few questions before I make up my mind on which route to take on my A4000 project.

I just picked up a lovely white LCD TV which looks amzing with the A4000 and (something I was not expecting) syncs to the Amiga native video on the VGA input and provides a really crisp picture :)

The only trouble is that the Interlaced modes flicker and I'm guessing the Indivision AGA will fix this and allow me to use the High GFX modes which would also be nice.

If I was to play a game through WHDLoad for example, is this displayed through the Indi/VGA just like the workbench? I.e I don't want to have to switch to a Scart channel for example. Hopefully someone can advise me on that.

My other option would be an RTG setup for my Workbench, but I have this on my A1200T and think maybe I should try something different on the A4000.

So I guess if the Indi AGA does everything with just one VGA connection then that would be the best option for me on this machine.

Thanks for reading (y)

Steve.

Marcb

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Sydney
Hey Steve,

I have my A4000 set up with an Indy+LCd monitor and I'm happy with it, no probs with games or workbench screens... Go for it! (y)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
My opinion:

It does not match up with a good rtg card.

I think it is great for games. It gives neat low res display's.

Highfx and my mediator pci busboard needs extra fans installed or hangs the system because of overheating, the cpu is heavily used to do the icons to if using aga and highfx.

So it all depends what you wan't from it.. I am certainly no highfx & indivision aga combo fan, but like it for the other resolutions and pc monitor ..

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
@fitzsteve

Nobody came right out and said it, but everything goes out through the one VGA connection for all your screen modes. :) I'm very happy with the Indivision in my A4000D.

Heather

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
@heather thanks for nice clear answer (y)

I don't think I need any fancy RTG on this machine, just flicker free and all modes through one output will suit me perfect.

Thanks for the advice jvdbossc but I have Mediator/PCI/Voodoo in my Tower so I think another option on the A4000 will be nice.

Now I think I'll add the Indi to my shopping list :cool:

Steve.

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
@fitzsteve: I chose to have best of both worlds and went with a combination of Indivision AGA and Piccolo SD64. The latter has a passthrough for signals from Indy. Works seamless and smooth.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
If you don't use high resolution / hi color workbench then it is a nice solution. For me the indivision aga works better then the scandoubler included on the A3000.

Then I can only say, good quality, sharp picture etc..

Buzzfuzz

Amiga tweaker
AmiBayer
Country
Netherlands
Region
Zuid Holland
I have ordered one also just yesterday, if I have it installed I will post if it is that good.

I'm planning to build this into my Micronik A4000, but I think the busboard is going to be in the way, I will have to check the clearance between them.
Also ordered a ATX power supply cable and 3.1 roms.

mfilos

Extr3m3ly l33t
Country
Greece
Region
Glyfada/Athens
I had an Indy 4000 on my old A4000D and worked like a charm! Definitely a nice asset to have for your project mate.

I can never have enough Indies... LOL

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
I loved my indy on my 4000D when I had it, but with the Video Toaster card, it heated up and you could fry eggs off the top, so I hot glued a small fan to it and it worked like a charm. Doesn't look all the pretty though.(y)

Top Bottom