Not open for further replies.

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Hello everyone. I was just clearing out my closet and came across an older Radeon HD 4850 that isn't being used. It is the 512MB single slot cooler model. Pics as seen below. Everything is still in the box. I still had the original receipt from when I bought it from Best Buy! :LOL: Anyway, it is just sitting in my parts closet and I thought maybe someone would be interested in it. I am asking $XXX plus shipping please. Please let me know if there is any more information that is needed. The card has been tested and was working as of yesterday. Thank you for taking a look!

Nathan

Attachments

• Radeon 4850-1.jpg
    Radeon 4850-1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Radeon 4850-2.jpg
    Radeon 4850-2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Radeon 4850-3.jpg
    Radeon 4850-3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Maybe I worded it wrong? The card works. I pulled it from my wife's computer when I replaced it with a 5770. The only issue I have with the card is that it collects dust easily and needs to be blown out on occasion. It is a very good card, just don't use the included drivers.

Nathan

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Nathan,

This may be a good fit for my Arcade Machine. I've been using the on-board graphics. I'm just not sure off hand whether or not it has a PCI-E port. I'll find out and let you know tomorrow. If it has one them I'm interested. :)

Which PCI-E slot will this card work in?

Thank you!

Heather

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
It is a standard PCI-Express x16 Graphics card. It will be a long slot. Depending on the motherboard manufacturer, the slot could be a host of different colors. Any but white usually. Most Gigabyte motherboards use black or green.

Nathan

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey Nathan!

Good news, according to the spec sheet for my system, I do indeed have a PCIe x16 slot in my arcade machine. Sending a PM to work out details.

Thanks!

Heather

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Received the package today! I'll test it tonight then update this thread.

Thanks Nathan!

Heather

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I tried to install it in my desktop last night only to find that my computer does not have a 6-PIN PCIe power cable. I looked at an adapter, but they take 2 4-pin molex connectors to convert to a 6-PIN PCIe connection and my power supply only has one 4-PIN molex Connector. Ugh! Looks like I'll have to sell the card. :(

On a bright note, Nathan sent everything very fast and I'm super happy with the transaction. :) I'm leaving positive feedback now and closing the thread.

Cheers!

Heather

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Just a quick update. I picked up a power adapter that allowed me to use this card in my arcade machine. I'm very happy now. :D

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom