Rainy day restoration A3000

Aysel

Country
England
Region
Mansfield
Very happy today... this is my third 3640 040 A3000 which has sat neglected for about 8 months after I removed battery, neutralised acid, no physical damage but no RGB or 31khz output so left for a rainy day.

This weekend I finally had some free time so pulled every socketed IC, neutralised and cleaned entire board, ran it through dishwasher and left to dry yesterday.

The PSU fan look to have attracted its fair share of dust so dismantled and cleaned the PSU, swapped the Rev 3.1 3640 out for a Rev 3.2 and re-assembled today.

Installed a new 4gb SCSI HD (I'm keeping this one stock as the other two already have Buddhas), turned her on and all working perfectly apart from RBG!

Only thing I could think before removing and replacing the Enhanced Denise socket was to try swapping the IC out for a replacement and hoorahhh! All working perfectly!

So that's three working A3ks now... a trio of awesome beautiful beige boxes :D

P3296437.jpg

and its two brothers :)

PC314106.jpg

Deling

Country
Poland
Region
pl
A3000 the best Amiga of world :)
I have on too ,very good model build like a tank

Aysel

Country
England
Region
Mansfield
Haha... true that... you should see the garage though... looks like a beige commodore emblazoned version of Scrap Heap Challenge :D

Cryton

AmiBayer
Country
england
Region
Leicestershire
Wonderful job mate, have to admit I'm a bit jealous.

It's one of the two Amiga machine I'd really like to get my hands on 3000 and 1000. In fact I've been thinking of putting one of my 4000's
up for swop as it just doesn't get any use. Hmmmm think I'll have to have a serious think !

Aysel

Country
England
Region
Mansfield
Cheers Geoff, I like my A4k's for the upgradability and chipset but they are characterless and bland lol, the A3000 just oozes class, individuality and character, so many really nice little touches in how it was designed and put together....

Top Bottom