Received payment within 21 Days Pay pal!?

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
One guy from Amibay send me Euro to buy Computer off me but the pay pal say payment received will be in within 21 days which I think it is ridiculous!

Had that happen to you before!?

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Yes, they hold it as security sometimes it's random and sometimes it's because the sender (or the recipient) has gone past a certain limit.

Obviously you are not obliged to send the item until the payment is clear.

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
I agree with Steve, just don't post until you get cleared funds.

Arnie

Country
UK
Region
Leicester
If you actually send proof of mailing, Paypal will release the funds.

Last edited:

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
I concur. I wouldnt send anything until payment cleared unless it was someone I trusted explicitly. I'd also return the payment and request the proper currency (I imagine you were asking for pounds?).

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I was going pay him back in Euro(because he live aboard) but the man want in Pounds because he was worries that he had waited for 21 days to received the payment back! Pay pal wont let me change the moneys.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Perhaps he should contact PayPal and ask them to cancel the transaction. Don't pay him back in a different currency you'll be out of pocket due to currency conversation fees.

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Perhaps he should contact PayPal and ask them to cancel the transaction. Don't pay him back in a different currency you'll be out of pocket due to currency conversation fees.

Thanks fitzsteve :)

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Pay pal problem?

Pay pal problem?

A man from Portugal bought amiga 500 off me but he pay in euros then on my pay pal say I have wait within 21 or sooner! So he couldn't help on his side and I try send pay pal contact or help but surprisingly they don't have email where I can contact them to explain the problem as I never had that past 5 years(with selling all My retro amibay) until now!

Last edited:

Bryce

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Nordrhein Westfalen
"wait within 21 or sooner" ? What exactly does that mean? If you mean the "it can take 21 days to clear" notification, then there's nothing you can do about it and it's not because he paid in Euros, rather that he sent it directly from a bank account and it has to be cleared. Luckily the 21 days is a bit on the generous side. In my experience it's usually cleared within about 3 days at most.

Bryce.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
You already posted about this, merge threads.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Thanks Dave, sorry I sounded so rude there :picard

And @AF, the answer is still the same, you need to wait for the funds to clear before sending your item and/or refund the payment and ask him to send it in £ (assuming you agreed £ and not €)

As you probably know € is worth less than £ and PayPal will charge you a further fee to change it back to £ so you end up with much less (again assuming you agreed a price in £)

Top Bottom