Recommend a label maker

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
Can someone advise on a label maker please.

Im planning to label all my plugs so I know what is connected to what and need something that is not expensive and the label stick onto plugs.

ej2095

Country
UK
Region
Tipton, West Midlands
Thats a good idea... got one at work some where will nick that :-0 (And yes i know this is a useless answer but try argos???)

Paul

Country
UK
Region
Croydon
For that job I use a really cheap, really good device to label my plugs. It is called a "waterproof magic marker".

Cost 50p down the market, bought it over 2 years ago, still works!

Arnie

Country
UK
Region
Leicester
For that job I use a really cheap, really good device to label my plugs. It is called a "waterproof magic marker".

Cost 50p down the market, bought it over 2 years ago, still works!

What if your plugs are black?

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
You can get Dymo D1 kit fairly cheap these days, particularly if you scour eBay. I use a D1 labelling machine and it's great.

Paul

Country
UK
Region
Croydon
What if your plugs are black?

I've never used it for this purpose, but I also own a silver pen (cost, I think about £2 or £3) which I got from a stationers. That would do if I ever had to label a black plug.

Although it is strange. Most of my plugs are unlabelled because they go into specific sockets, and only senility or stupidity will make me muddle those ones, And most of those are black. But luckily all those I need to mark (those that share sockets) are white. This is not by design, and I had never thought about it until I read your post. I guess I did not just buy a black marker pen, I got a lucky, magic black marker pen!

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
I used one of these Dymo Embossing Machines to make mine until i broke it :LOL:
Worked fine and the labels are self adhesive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dymo-Junior-Embosser-Embossing-Label/dp/B000KJM57C/

I like the look of those Dymo labels in the picture - look robust and waterproof. Ive seen with a keyboard built in, do they use the plasticy label.

@AndyLandy as well

Most of my plugs are black and I have OCD so hand written plugs wont do!https://www.amibay.com/member.php?1440-AndyLandy

Last edited:

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I used one of these Dymo Embossing Machines to make mine until i broke it :LOL:
Worked fine and the labels are self adhesive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dymo-Junior-Embosser-Embossing-Label/dp/B000KJM57C/

I like the look of those Dymo labels in the picture - look robust and waterproof. Ive seen with a keyboard built in, do they use the plasticy label.

@AndyLandy as well

Dymo are most famous for those impact labels, where you run a piece of plastic tape through a machine and use impact pressure to emboss letters into the labels:

Dymo_output.jpg

Dymo D1 is their more-modern labelling system. You can get a variety of different label printers from different manufacturers and the label cartridges come in different colours. I use a D1 labelling system for my stuff at home. It's good for all kinds of labelling tasks. I even used to do floppy disks and VHS tapes with it:

DY_AP_LM420P_PersonalCase.jpg

Top Bottom