Recommendation for a DeSoldering Station

botialoach

Country
Cyprus
Region
Nicosia
Any suggestion on a Desoldering station for casual use for my retro stuff, I was thinking and read reviews about the ZD915 anybody has experience or suggestions?

Than you.

Deling

Country
Poland
Region
pl
SOLOMON SL-30 for example
ahh desoldering sorry !! SL-30 that is standard high quality solder machine

Last edited:

rootboy

Country
United States
Region
Tennessee
I went here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbVxW4JQRwA

to see it in action. It definitely did the job, but it doesn't have a vacuum off delay built in to the trigger. This is done to help prevent your iron from plugging up (which can be a real bear to get cleaned out again). Other than that, it looks fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an unboxing and review of a new unit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X-XdznveEk

Note that he had to help it along at about the 7:25 minute mark. After that, it seemed to do okay.

He makes a point of showing how it can clean up bread boards. Be careful with that, it's easy to overwhelm your desoldering station and get it plugged up.

cowdog360

Country
United States
Region
Washington
I say don't shortchange yourself with the lousy chinese clones like these. I have a Hakko FR300 and it is fantastic, completely self contained. I've recapped a lot of things with it.

You can get discount codes for Tequipment.net from EEVBlog or Audio Karma. I may be able to dig up one.

I use the Hakko FR300 for desoldering, the Hakko FX-888D for soldering. For SMD, I do have a cheap WEP hot air station.

diskers

Country
Poland
Region
Maz
If going into Chinese I would rather propose you a ZD-985. In my opinion is more precise and with a better, more handy desoldering pistol.

Cryton

AmiBayer
Country
england
Region
Leicestershire
The trouble with hakko is getting it in the uk

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

botialoach

Country
Cyprus
Region
Nicosia
I have done a google search for the ZD-985 and I can not find a supplier in Europe. The main reason I need the desoldering station is for my Amiga 2000 to replace the socket of the CPU due to battery corrosion, may it will come alive. Hakko is good but is out of the question because is very expensive.

So I am left with the ZD915 despite its shortcomings, unless any of you have any other suggestions.

diskers

Country
Poland
Region
Maz
I bought one a year ago here in Poland for about 70 Euros ( with the Polish VAT at 23%) and as for now it's still working :D. Anyway I'll check it and let you know.

Top Bottom