jujasi

serial lurker :)
AmiBayer
Country
Leicester
Region
Leicstershire
I have got an xbox 360 super-elite for xmas with MW2 & forza 3 bundled,

Recommend some other decent titles please (y)

Many thanks
Jujasi

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I really enjoyed Mass Effect, Fable II, Fallout 3, BioShock and Assassin's Creed (although Assassin's Creed does get a bit repetative).

Enjoy your new XBOX 360!

Heather

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Assassin's Creed 2 on PS3... Har har har... :evil:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Assassin's Creed 2 on PS3... Har har har... :evil:

yes if you want really bad "pop up" graphics and more repetative gameplay :p

---------- Post added at 07:01 ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 ----------

DiRT2, although that is better on the PS3 too. ;)

and even better on the PC

---------- Post added at 07:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 ----------

I have got an xbox 360 super-elite for xmas with MW2 & forza 3 bundled,

Recommend some other decent titles please (y)

Many thanks
Jujasi

Fight Night round 3 is a brilliant game (and much better than the PS3 version) don't get round 4 as round 3 actually plays better.
what sort of games do you like?

Marcb

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Sydney
For me the best game on 360 so far has been Oblivion!

I've spent countless hours playing it and the expansion packs...

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
... lot of fanboystuff ..
Fight Night round 3 is a brilliant game (and much better than the PS3 version) don't get round 4 as round 3 actually plays better.

I remember discussing Amiga vs PC in my teens with the same kind of arguments. Better graphics, better sound, cheaper. One chap said "In three years, you will be using a PC anyways", and I damn him for being right. Because then Commodore went bankrupt.

So when it comes to PS3 vs Xbox 360 I say PS3 not only because I like the fact that it was the console of those two who actually brought with it some innovation like blu-ray and cell (unlike xbox), but also because it is made by a company that wasn't a part of Amigas demise ;) (I also don't use windows, nor windows mobile, nor own a zune or in any other way participate in generating income to Microsoft)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
... lot of fanboystuff ..

I remember discussing Amiga vs PC in my teens with the same kind of arguments. Better graphics, better sound, cheaper. One chap said "In three years, you will be using a PC anyways", and I damn him for being right. Because then Commodore went bankrupt.

So when it comes to PS3 vs Xbox 360 I say PS3 not only because I like the fact that it was the console of those two who actually brought with it some innovation like blu-ray and cell (unlike xbox), but also because it is made by a company that wasn't a part of Amigas demise ;) (I also don't use windows, nor windows mobile, nor own a zune or in any other way participate in generating income to Microsoft)

do you have a Mac?

RED IMPACT

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Bioshock - single player

Borderlands but only if you do co op

Fallout 3 - single player

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
@ JuvUK

Nah m8... you are not fair... :dry:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
@ JuvUK

Nah m8... you are not fair... :dry:

but it is true, the pop ups in this game are horrendous, and the gameplay is very samey, c'mon be honest and admit it :roll:

also "i'm not fair"? the original question was about recommended 360 games, not PS3 games that you like

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
I really enjoyd the latest Tomb Raider game on the 360, also Prototype and X-Men Wolverine's Revenge were very nice too!

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
do you have a Mac?

I have one Mac Pro, one Macbook Pro, one Acer Travelmate running Ubuntu and a server running Debian. So yes, although the Travelmate is bound to a windows license it was purchased by my workplace, so when I took it over, I set it free ;)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
do you have a Mac?

I have one Mac Pro, one Macbook Pro, one Acer Travelmate running Ubuntu and a server running Debian. So yes, although the Travelmate is bound to a windows license it was purchased by my workplace, so when I took it over, I set it free ;)

lol fair play!

but doesn't Big Bill have a tie in with Mac? a shareholder or something?

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
I agree with Juvvy on the Fight Night Round 3, brilliant game. Round 4 was REALLY bad for me. The only other games i play regurlarly are Fifa 10 and GTA IV although this only really fun when playing Online Multiplayer with friends.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
but doesn't Big Bill have a tie in with Mac? a shareholder or something?

M$ used to own shared in Apple, but I believe they sold them off a couple of years ago.

There was also a dispute over the iPod because Microsoft were the actual designers and inventors of the interface it uses, but their patent is so vague that it is hard to make it stand up in court. Goes to show Apple haven't stopped using their tried and tested development methods of stealing the best from the opposition, repackaging it, and selling it for a higher price as their own.

But that is enough of Apple bashing for today.

Back on topic...

BTW, DiRT 2 is much better on PC, as are most cross platform releases.

This is especially true for 360 games where they seem to recently be releasing titles on the 360 first, then bug fixing them, adding new features, and improving the control systems for the PC releases. A great example of this is Dragon Age: Origin. BTW, that is one of the best RPGs in a long time.

If you like RPGs there are some great ones on the 360.

Mass Effect as already mentioned is brilliant. If you liked any of the previous Bioware games you will like this, and especially if you liked the Knights of the Old Republic games.

And Mass Effect 2 is out soon.

jujasi

serial lurker :)
AmiBayer
Country
Leicester
Region
Leicstershire
Thanks for all you replies :)

@JuvUK I can play any type of game really but I have been fleabaying at 360 games and fight Night 3 is 1 that caught my eye also PGR4 in relation to Forza which comes out on top ?

I still have my pc for most games dirt2 (being delivered tomorrow as an example) and have preordered Assassins Creed2 for it too.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
ok here's the answer.

Turns out that at the 1997 Macworld Expo, Steve Jobs announced that Apple would be entering into partnership with Microsoft. Included in this was a five-year commitment from Microsoft to release Microsoft Office for Macintosh as well as an investment of 150,000 shares of Apple Series A, nonvoting, convertible preferred stock worth $150 million.
Steve had this to say to the audience.
If we want to move forward and see Apple healthy and prospering again, we have to let go of a few things here. We have to let go of this notion that for Apple to win, Microsoft has to lose. We have to embrace a notion that for Apple to win, Apple has to do a really good job. And if others are going to help us that’s great, because we need all the help we can get, and if we screw up and we don’t do a good job, it’s not somebody else’s fault, it’s our fault. So I think that is a very important perspective. If we want Microsoft Office on the Mac, we better treat the company that puts it out with a little bit of gratitude; we like their software.
Microsoft found themselves in a monopolisation legal battle and Bill Gates recognised that if Apple failed Microsoft would have no case that there were other, alternative operating systems available to consumers. It was a win-win situation for both companies.
The 150,000 shares were convertible by Microsoft after August 5, 2000 into shares of the company’s common stock at a conversion price of $8.25 per share. During 2000, 74,250 shares of preferred stock were converted to 9 million shares and in 2001 the remaining 75,750 preferred shares were converted into 9.2 million of Apple’s common stock. All 18.2 million shares were sold by Microsoft in 2003.
Currently, Microsoft owns about 0.0046% of Apple through a Private Capital Management fund and Apple owns about 0.39% of itself the same way so whether Microsoft ever held any power in the company is questionable at best.

so in theory even Mac users give Big Bill money (although only a tiny amount) ;)

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
For me the best game on 360 so far has been Oblivion!

I've spent countless hours playing it and the expansion packs...

Oblivion is a great game but you would be better off getting it for the PC... the 360 and PS3 versions suffer from horrible slow-down/framerate issues and the loading is a bit annoying too! I was a bit dissapointed with the console version of Oblivion (n)

Some of my fave 360 games are:

Street Fighter 4
Bioshock
Viking: Battle for Asgard (absolute hack and slash gore fest :D)
Lost Odyssey
Battlefield: Bad Company
Fable 2
Mass Effect

and theres loads more.....

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
so in theory even Mac users give Big Bill money (although only a tiny amount) ;)

:) I know that history, glad the shares were sold. I also think I supported Microsoft with some dimes since OS X now support exchange, but that I can live with that too. I'm sure Microsoft delivers some the other way for technology Apple has the rights for as well.

The irony is that my best friend from the village I grew up with, who bough an Amiga 500 after I did - but never had the same affection towards it is now a key account manager at Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom