Recommended close loop liquid CPU cooling?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I'm considering upgrading my i7 2600K main PC with a closed liquid cooling CPU cooler as the COU has been running hotter lately due to there being 4 HDDs in the case.

My Coolermaster Storm Sniper Black Edition case can fit a 240mm double width 2x fan radiator in the top as standard (by removing the 200mm standard fan located there), so I want one that size.

Any recommendations?

I've currently been recommended the Coolermaster Nepton 240m. Anyone using this?

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
for me I use the H80i, no issues as yet and 2 yrs old. very quiet (once its slowed down, like a hoover when 1st powered up then slows to almost silent) has the ability to connect to an internal USB slot to control and monitor via software, "Corsair Link"

I picked this one as it was small and fitted into my Coolmaster Elite 130 case.

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hydro-series-h80i-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

Last edited:

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
I have h50s h55s a h70 and h100s and all have been great the h100s are all refurbs

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
I had nothing but issues with a water cooled setup using a Zalman Reserator XT. Just in case you were thinking about one of these.

There were frequent occurences (reported all over the internet) where the flow meter would stick and set off its alarm. I found I had a similar issue and I was cooling the CPU and northbridge/southbridge heat sinks plus my two GTX8800's on a Striker 2 extreme mobo. What happened was algae built up and clogged the NB/SB heatsinks and the flow was severely restricted. I tried a bio-chemical solution added to the water but no joy.

I settled with Noctua fans and the Reserator has been sitting on a shelf for a few years. I was going to set it up as a coolant pump for my lathe and disable the alarm and flow meter.

I expect there are solutions nowadays to overcome these problems.

Top Bottom